Books, Reading, and You

Caliburn

I find myself immersed in a book. A unique story for sure. I have just spent the past 10 hours straight reading 33 chapters (and we're talking long chapters here) of this book without many breaks during it. That was book I of III and now it's taking a wild turn. That said, that brings me to a question.

Have you ever found yourself immersed into a story so much that putting it down and walking away from it for a while just doesn't seem logical or right? I know I'm tired. I know I should go to sleep. And as I read into the 2nd book in the series (which is 26 chapters longer than the 1st book), I keep telling myself 'after this chapter'. And yet I continue on.

Has this ever happened to you?

Unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Thankfully I don't read throughout the year but in "bursts," where I'll read a bunch of books within a short period of time and it usually lasts a month or so. During that time I don't like doing much else but reading and easily forgetting to eat. If it wasn't for a stomach growls and a headache I'd skip eating altogether!

Somewhat the same here. I don't do much reading to be honest but once in a great while, a story will capture me and not let go.

Well, I'm going to bed finally. I've made it through another 15 chapters. So all in all, I've read 48 chapters of this story and I'm not even a quarter of the way through the 2nd book. I have another book after this one and it's about 58 chapters long. Damn good story.

Well, I'm going to bed finally. I've made it through another 15 chapters. So all in all, I've read 48 chapters of this story and I'm not even a quarter of the way through the 2nd book. I have another book after this one and it's about 58 chapters long. Damn good story.
I think the worst books to start reading are series. :p At least with a stand-alone book once you're done, you're done.

Ah, I almost want to spam my site wetalkbooks.net here :/

I wish there were more fun places to discuss books, talk about book reading and writing, etc on web sites.

Well here I am again. Made it to Chapter 22 so far today. This story is getting really good, now. So many twists and turns...

I find it very easy to get totally immersed in a good book!

I don't read as much as I did but when I get the chance I love reading more than any other form of entertainment! I would much rather read a book than watch a movie!

I've never read those books, before. What are they about?

In Terry Pratchett's own words;

Welcome to the Discworld. It started out as a parody of all the fantasy that was around in the big boom of the early '80s, then turned into a satire on just about everything, and even I don't know what it is now. I do know that in that time there's been at least four people promoted as "new Terry Pratchetts" so for all I know I may not even still be me.

Ah, I almost want to spam my site wetalkbooks.net here :/

I wish there were more fun places to discuss books, talk about book reading and writing, etc on web sites.

Site reported to Facebook ...... use of term "talk" clearly an FB original idea.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but plenty of book forums out there :) We're starting one real soon on Xen software, need some sort of an integrated review option there but will no doubt sort something out in due course.

Edit: Nice site Floris, though latest topic seems to be "Anyone watched Trueblood", I can groove to that.

Site reported to Facebook ...... use of term "talk" clearly an FB original idea.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but plenty of book forums out there :) We're starting one real soon on Xen software, need some sort of an integrated review option there but will no doubt sort something out in due course.

Edit: Nice site Floris, though latest topic seems to be "Anyone watched Trueblood", I can groove to that.

The "featured threads" in the top is network wide, we also have a tv section under wetalk.tv (or rather wetalkmedia.net).

The "featured threads" in the top is network wide, we also have a tv section under wetalk.tv (or rather wetalkmedia.net).

Ah okay ... big fan of True Blood (television series) so no problems for me :)

Nice looking site, didn't delve in that far as am caught up on a project but will check back. Nice to see someone with something up supporting writers and book lovers :)

Ah okay ... big fan of True Blood (television series) so no problems for me :)

Nice looking site, didn't delve in that far as am caught up on a project but will check back. Nice to see someone with something up supporting writers and book lovers :)

The cool thing about our network set up is, your login on wetalkbooks.net works on wetalkmedia.net too. So you can just switch community board and focus on the topics you like.

Top Bottom