Resource icon

Book Reviews 1.0.1

No permission to download
It seems like the devs are waiting on Resource Manager but it would be great if new content added to book reviews showed up in What's New and was indexed/searchable via the forum. It's great (I figured out that .uk DNS error) as it is but it's pretty separated from the rest of the site - other than the tab.

very nice one
Just if their is away to put custom pictures for the book
or to upload PDF version of it and make it readable it will be awesome

Was there a work-around to this? I had assumed it was only happening with non .com urls but I'm using .com and getting this DNS error for .co.uk.

Thanks
I'm still wondering the same thing - 6 pages of posts and no obvious fix posted. Is there a fix? Or...?
Anyway - thanks for such a FABULOUS add-on! Would be sweet to see the actual clickable amazon linkblock instead of

di-78EI.png

My understanding is that Rob, the main contributor and developer on this add-on, has decided to leave XenForo. It is a risk that we took when we agreed to support another developer in creating an add-on, but unfortunately not all developers are as loyal to XenForo as we are. We will therefore no longer be able to provide support for this add-on.

A new reviews add-on, which we will have complete licensing and development rights to is in the works. Or you can have a go at creating your own with the Custom Fields by Waindigo add-on.

My understanding is that Rob, the main contributor and developer on this add-on, has decided to leave XenForo. It is a risk that we took when we agreed to support another developer in creating an add-on, but unfortunately not all developers are as loyal to XenForo as we are. We will therefore no longer be able to provide support for this add-on.

A new reviews add-on, which we will have complete licensing and development rights to is in the works. Or you can have a go at creating your own with the Custom Fields by Waindigo add-on.
Thanks.

That's so unfortunate. Too much drama. Unnecessarily ((sigh))
I'll be looking forward to the new reviews add-on for sure. Is there any ETA?
Thanks for the clarification ;)

For myself I removed the banner from template
http://www.surcity.net/forums/book-reviews/1/
and removed the buy links

There's a post somewhere in this thread where someone said to login to amazon.com affililiate and find the iframe code for a page. I did this and have been able to fix the iframe issue I and others have posted about. Here's what I did:

In template bookreviews_view find:
Code:
<iframe style="float:right;height:245px;width:120px;" src="http://rcm-uk.amazon{$amazonDomain}/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=FFFFFF&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t={$amazonAssociatesTag}&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins={$book.book_ISBN}" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Replace with the following:
Code:
<iframe style="float:right;height:245px;width:120px;margin-left:10px;text-align: center;border: 1px solid rgb(219, 196, 218);border-radius: 5px;background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);padding: 6px;" src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=EDEDED&IS2=1&bg1=EDEDED&fc1=000000&lc1=8B008B&t=yourpublisherid-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins={$book.book_ISBN}" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Replace yourpublisherid-20 with your amazon.com publisher id
Edit the following code to suit your style:

Code:
float:right;height:245px;width:120px;margin-left:10px;text-align: center;border: 1px solid rgb(219, 196, 218);border-radius: 5px;background-color: rgb(237, 237, 237);padding: 6px;
  • bc1=EDEDED is the border color
  • bg1=EDEDED is the background color
  • fc1=000000 is the text color
  • lc1=8B008B is the link color
You can see an example of this code working at http://jpicforum.info/book-reviews/snap_lucio_dutch.2/

HTH ;)

J.

That's so unfortunate. Too much drama. Unnecessarily ((sigh))
Couldn't agree more.
I'll be looking forward to the new reviews add-on for sure. Is there any ETA?
No ETA as yet. Announcement is a little premature, but thought it was important for everyone to know that they are not being left completely on their own. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense to keep supporting this add-on that we don't hold the full rights to, especially now that the main developer has decided to jump ship.
Thanks for the clarification ;)

It didn't take very long to modify the templates and phrases to get something close to what would be a nice add-on for product review. The challenge is the ASIN and being tied to Amazon, a very good reason to wait for the RM.

Anyway - here is my tinkering.

EXACTLY what I am looking for

care to share your your upgrades to this addon???

Couldn't agree more.

No ETA as yet. Announcement is a little premature, but thought it was important for everyone to know that they are not being left completely on their own. Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense to keep supporting this add-on that we don't hold the full rights to, especially now that the main developer has decided to jump ship.

jump ship?

jump ship?
The main developer on this add-on was Rob, although most of the code was actually given to Rob by Azhria Lilu (who originally commissioned it from Alan Wagstaff). As you can probably tell from his profile, Rob has not been active in the XenForo community for a while now and has made little if any attempt to respond to reported bugs. I gave a lot of my time for nothing to support Rob in releasing this add-on only for him to very quickly abandon it in favour of the Resource Manager and then abandon the community altogether.

My personal observation is that in the beginning when everything was so NEW, there were loads of addons poppping up.. now everything has practically come to a halt .. everybody wants to develop addons and then they want payment for incomplete work.

How to add custom fields when i add new book ?
You would have to edit about several PHP files and a few templates. Since this add-on is no longer supported, this is not a feature I will be adding (or showing you how to do). Although I am working on a new add-on (based on Custom Fields by Waindigo) that will allow this...

Top Bottom