XF 1.5 Board Title being appended to Page Meta Title

XenBurger

I am extremely careful and meticulous about my SEO because I strongly believe there's a reason only certain websites rank high.

I would prefer that the "Board Title" not be forcibly appended to all my "Meta title" tags on every page of the site.

Just Started my Treatments. | HairLossTalk Forums
Best Topical for Thinning? | HairLossTalk Forums

Google already puts the site name at the end of all my title tags in its search results. So they end up looking like this:

Just Started my Treatments. | HairLossTalk Forums - HairLossTalk
Best Topical for Thinning? | HairLossTalk Forums - HairLossTalk

How can I remove it from there, without having it disappear from other more important areas (emails, etc)?

How can I remove it from there, without having it disappear from other more important areas (emails, etc)?
Edit template: PAGE_CONTAINER
Replace
Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
with
Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

@Mike

Since you are awake at this ungodly hour :)

I was finally getting around to trying this. Apparently I already did it - and forgot:

upload_2016-9-21_1-3-29.webp

Looks like I commented it out. Or someone did. So now im very confused.
What is controlling the thread meta title tags here?
I did not put his suggested line of code in, instead.

Oddly i see the same line of code 4 lines below it ...

Im afraid to touch anything here.
Should I un-comment that line ... and modify it as he says to in the post above?
Everything should be okay?

You added a custom <title> tag implementation below. The commented out version is the original.

You can make the adjustment in the else tag you added if you like.

Top Bottom