1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Board Title being appended to Page Meta Title

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by XenBurger, Jul 10, 2016.

1. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

I am extremely careful and meticulous about my SEO because I strongly believe there's a reason only certain websites rank high.

I would prefer that the "Board Title" not be forcibly appended to all my "Meta title" tags on every page of the site.

Just Started my Treatments. | HairLossTalk Forums
    Best Topical for Thinning? | HairLossTalk Forums

Google already puts the site name at the end of all my title tags in its search results. So they end up looking like this:

Just Started my Treatments. | HairLossTalk Forums - HairLossTalk
    Best Topical for Thinning? | HairLossTalk Forums - HairLossTalk

How can I remove it from there, without having it disappear from other more important areas (emails, etc)?

2. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Edit template: PAGE_CONTAINER
    Replace
    Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
    with
    Code:
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

3. XenBurger

XenBurger Member

@Mike

Since you are awake at this ungodly hour :)

I was finally getting around to trying this. Apparently I already did it - and forgot:

upload_2016-9-21_1-3-29.png

Looks like I commented it out. Or someone did. So now im very confused.
    What is controlling the thread meta title tags here?
    I did not put his suggested line of code in, instead.

Oddly i see the same line of code 4 lines below it ...

Im afraid to touch anything here.
    Should I un-comment that line ... and modify it as he says to in the post above?
    Everything should be okay?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You added a custom <title> tag implementation below. The commented out version is the original.

You can make the adjustment in the else tag you added if you like.