1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Block Personal Conversation

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by swatme, Dec 1, 2011.

1. swatme

swatme Well-Known Member

if you want a specific user/usergroup not to use Personal Conversation
    you can set in in permission settings "Start personal conversations" = NEVER

However if they have already existing conversations, they can still reply
    and use the existing conversations they have.

I suggest to have additional permission:
    Reply personal conversations :
    Pierce, maszd, rebelde and 23 others like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  3. DFI

DFI Active Member

+1 . Its a Must and should be included in next Update (y)
    Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Saarbruecken

Saarbruecken Active Member

5. trichome

trichome Member

This would be a welcome feature. It's sometimes useful to have a usergroup that can do nothing but view the site.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I'd like a simple way to restrict a member from posting or editing messages. This would include Thread Messages and Private Conversations.
    wedgar and Adam Howard like this.
  7. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

IMHO, "reply" and "create new" PCs fall under "send a personal conversation message". It would also help to include the ability to receive personal conversations if possible. In essence, disabling the personal conversation system completely or at most, making it "read only".

There are times when one member harasses another. If there is an open personal conversation, that same member can keep on harassing the other member. And we may not want the harassed member to delete or leave that conversation (to keep it as evidence).
    Adam Howard and freewings like this.
  8. Razasharp

Razasharp Well-Known Member

Just copying my post to this thread - which I posted in bugs as I see it as a bug/serious flaw:

The problem is more than just letting users carry on existing conversations, it's them being able to bypass the permissions :(
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Adam Howard and freewings like this.
  9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

Is there any update on this?

It's becoming a joke on my forum where users banned for a set period dont care because they can just carry on group conversations with their members in what effectively becomes a private forum for banned users.
  10. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

This is something that I believe would greatly be appreciated by forum admins if it was added in. Theres no point in any of the other permissions if they already have a ton of Conversations with other problem users.
    maszd likes this.