The folks at vBulletin are leaving a bad taste in my mouth, I got banned from vb.com for asking a question about ForumRunner (a product that comes built into vBulletin, and is owned by IB/vBulletin.) as I wasnt getting help in the external ForumRunner forum. They banned me saying that they do not support ForumRunner there... yet a few days after banning me they opened a ForumRunner support forum on vB.COM... yet I am still banned...
Another reason for me wanting to leave is because I do not want to upgrade to vBulletin 5. To me its a major step backwards, not a step forward. When you upgrade to a new version of software you should not lose many of the features you had before, nor should it be slower then the older version.
The final issue is because of the CKeditor in 4.2.0 which is way out of date, which is making my site unusable to those with IE 10. I was hoping they would update the CKeditor in 4.2.1 but now they are saying it does not appear this is going to happen. With Microsoft starting to push IE 10 to people overnight this is becoming a big issue.
Anyways I think I have finally had enough and am looking into moving.
Before I move though I need to know a few things. I am on a brand new server and use NGINX with PHP-FPM. With vBulletin this has been a GREAT move for me, as with 2,000 members online my server load is at 0.20.
1) Will XENFORO work fine with NGINX / PHP-FPM?
2) I have over 3 million posts, 280,000 theads and 185,000 members. Will this size be a problem?
3) I have a few hundred paid subscribers on my site, is there a way to import them without losing their subscription information?
4) We have both custom branded versions of TapaTalk and ForumRunner will I have any issues? (They just use the standard plugins.)
5) My forum has over 100 forums in it, and I have a plugin which lets uses filter out the forums they dont want to see on the site. Is there anything like that for XENFORO?
6) We use vBAdvanced for our Homepage, is there anything like that for XENFORO?
7) Currently we are using SPHINX on our site for our search engine instead of the default vBulletin search. Does XENFORO support SPHINX?
8) Is there anything else I should consider before making the switch?