Better Blogs [Deleted]

Better Blogs 1.0.39 has been released (on April 25th)
http://xfaddons.com/resources/better-blogs.5/
1.0.39 Added ability to retain ids for the importer
Enhancements

• The importer ignored the option to "retain ids". Now, the importer will keep the ids for entries and comments should you choose to select that

The developer is productive, but sometimes a little slower in noting the update here on XenForo (it's good to keep an eye on his site ;) ) While I have your attention I would like to ask people to please vote on my 3 small proposed improvements (please and thank you in advance)
Socially Uncensored said:
Right now members can change their blog post to either members only or public for all to see.

I would like an opinion to disable the privacy setting on blogs, so that all blog post are public (giving members no option).
http://xfaddons.com/threads/disable-private-setting.922/
Sometimes communities merge and if both sites are running Better Blogs, it would be nice to keep those blogs from both sites.
http://xfaddons.com/threads/import-better-blogs-into-better-blogs-xenforo-to-xenforo.913/
So this is sort of a big issue as some users do move on over time or sometimes a user really does need to be deleted. It's no good if suddenly 150+ blog entries with over 500+ replies to those blogs suddenly went 'poof', because X user was deleted for whatever reason.

The idea would be to keep those blogs even if X user was deleted.
http://xfaddons.com/threads/delete-user-but-keep-blog.912/

Of course I'm not alone and other members of course have made suggestions and it would be nice to get everyone's impute (opinions and thoughts) on them. You can check out the on going list of ideas on the developers website here, http://xfaddons.com/forums/suggestions.16/ As well as make your own suggestions and improvements. :)

Last edited:
Getting this error when using the widget to show recent entries with post snippet active:

An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog::prepareBlog() must be an array, null given, called in /home/xxx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php on line 40 and defined in /home/xxx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php on line 49

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php at line 49
  2. XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->prepareBlog() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php at line 40
  3. XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Entries->getEntriesFiltered() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Widget/Entries.php at line 37
  4. XfAddOns_Blogs_Widget_Entries->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 667
  5. WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 396
  6. WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 313
  7. WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 126
  8. WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
  9. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  10. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  11. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  12. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 123
  13. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
  14. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx at line 13

Last edited:
How do you change the background color of replies? Either it is hidden, or pulling from another source.

Additionally, can you make a styles property page that is similar in functionality to all the other style property pages?

I'm trying to figure out the template that will display a member's blog page (list of entries) not individual entries. Anyone know this off hand?

Edit: Also looking for template that contains the Blog tab (not the drop-down contents).

He's out of town for June/July from what his profile says.
That's too bad. I know of a few people, each with multiple vb3 forums, that are waiting for some improvements to Better Blogs before they will migrate their sites to Xenforo.

He's out of town for June/July from what his profile says.
Well this sucks. I was going to order something from his site, but I don't know if he manually confirms them or if the system is fully automated and I'll be able to download it right away.... Guess I'll wait.

I'm trying to remove the default blog tab from the navigation unless a user is on a blog page. Can anyone point me in the right direction? No luck with templates so far.

Hi,
is it possible to display only a teaser text on the blog-site from one post, for more information there may be a "read more" button ???

Can't create blog. Getting error:

Code:
Argument 4 passed to XenForo_Model_Alert::getAlertsForUser() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home2/technopa/public_html/sosyal/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php on line 22 and defined
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 71
XenForo_Model_Alert->getAlertsForUser() in Tapatalk/Push/Push.php at line 22
Tapatalk_Push_Push::tapatalk_push_reply() in Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php at line 38
Tapatalk_Push_Alert->Tapatalk_hook() in Tapatalk/Push/Alert.php at line 9
Tapatalk_Push_Alert->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 452
XenForo_Model_Alert->alertUser() in XenForo/Model/Alert.php at line 426
XenForo_Model_Alert::alert() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/BlogWatch.php at line 107
XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_BlogWatch->notifySubscribedUsers() in XfAddOns/Blogs/DataWriter/Entry.php at line 360
XfAddOns_Blogs_DataWriter_Entry->_publishWatch() in XfAddOns/Blogs/DataWriter/Entry.php at line 325
XfAddOns_Blogs_DataWriter_Entry->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1409
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/Blog.php at line 356
XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Blog->actionSaveEntry() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home2/technopa/public_html/sosyal/index.php at line 13

Top Bottom