Better Blogs [Deleted]

Where is the importer that runs via CLI I see in extra's there is install_blog_cli.php
I think I might be mistaken about this. You are right, the installer is the one over Cli.
The importer already does things on small increments so other than the amount of information would make it take a long time, it should finish.

Please make sure to do this in a test installation before.

The function to retain ids is not available. If you mark the checkbox, it does nothing
It is there because that is the default import screen from XenForo, that I could not override without doing a separate importer path.

Some users have requested to preserve the ids, though, and it is a feature that I am planning, if you need that and can wait 2-3 weeks, I'll have it added to the package by then. Otherwise the import works fine, but doesn't preserve ids, which can mess up nginx rewrite rules if you were planning to setup those.

it is a vb4 import, the only thing I can think of is the trailing slash on the attachments dir could have messed it up ? Everything else imported fine.

it is a vb4 import, the only thing I can think of is the trailing slash on the attachments dir could have messed it up ? Everything else imported fine.
A trailing slash shouldn't mess things up.
I am currently traveling and I don't have access to the full codebase, but I can help you debug this issue later over the weekend.

Did the attachments import (if you were observing), tried importing them? (As in, it was showing the progress of "importing xx of yyy") and going through all the list, or did it fail immediately?

If you care to try again (you would need to restart the import from the beginning, though), on the file library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Importer/BlogsVbulletin4.php in line 81, there is this code commented out

Code:
                       if (!file_exists($attachFileOrig))
                        {
                                // print "File does not exist: " . $attachFileOrig . "<br/>";
                                continue;
                        }

If you remove the // then the import will print an error if the file was not found or couldn't be read, i.e.

Code:
                       if (!file_exists($attachFileOrig))
                        {
                                print "File does not exist: " . $attachFileOrig . "<br/>";
                                continue;
                        }

@Rigel Kentaurus

Noticed your update on your site. Congratulations on your purchase and incorporation of XenForo's Resource Manager.

You have a PM though on your site concerning this though. :)
Ready. I fixed your account for download privileges.
It is pretty cool, actually, I integrated the RM to do the purchase of the resource from the RM itself. Maybe eventually I'll release that.

@Rigel Kentaurus Is a major update to be expected?
Better blogs could do with implementation of the queue of considered feature requests and bug fixes.

This weekend I am going to fix a bug in the importer that someone else found for vb4 attachments. Then I am going to take a look at your categories for the importer also.

After that I would probably pivot to improve Social Groups that hasn't received much love in a few months, and I would probably come back to adding more features to the Blog add-on in 3-4 months time. I have everything on that queue on the list, and those would be worked first.

After that I would probably pivot to improve Social Groups that hasn't received much love in a few months, and I would probably come back to adding more features to the Blog add-on in 3-4 months time. I have everything on that queue on the list, and those would be worked first.
Are many people actively using the social groups addon? I know that quite a few (me included) bought it for the import function, but use a different free addon. With 3 groups addons there is a lot of competition and I hear another social groups addon is coming. Only 6 people posted to your social groups addon thread this year. It seems to me that there is a world of difference between the activity of this thread and the social groups thread.
I know the social groups addon did not receive much love, but Better Blogs has not seen a major feature update since September 2013 and still has unresolved bugs reported last year.

Do you plan to soon add the ability to retain IDs during import from vbulletin3? I can't use your product without that feature.

Top Bottom