Better Blogs [Deleted]

Imported from LN Blog to Better Blogs

Import says it completed and showed everyone as being good. Yet upon visiting the blog, there are blogs missing, and also sometimes only a title with comments that follow it. :(

PHP:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SelfDelete_ControllerPublic_Abstract::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Abstract) in library/Waindigo/SelfDelete/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php on line 30

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/self-delete-by-waindigo.791/

Seems like there is a conflict with this add-on. :(
Ignore the above error. The developer started to blame you for the problem, as he seems to do with everyone else.

See here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/self-delete-by-waindigo.32728/page-3#post-446034

I've removed his add-on and this resolved everything. No need to fix anything. My site is even faster. :)

Imported from LN Blog to Better Blogs

Import says it completed and showed everyone as being good. Yet upon visiting the blog, there are blogs missing, and also sometimes only a title with comments that follow it. :(
I'm in the process of manually adding what is missing.... copy & paste. Call it an "old school" import. lol :p

The only issue or question I have is...

• With permissions for admins to edit any blog, it seems I still do not have the permission.
  • The blog page shows only recent blogs. I'd like it to be a list / page view like it was with LN Blog. If this is not currently possible, it would be a good feature (this is my request, please & thank you).

The mod is dead or alive?

37960.jpg

If you open both eyes you'll see this Blog is very much alive.

I find the demo pretty disappointing. It does not exactly look like TechCrunch, blogger, or similar. I hope this improves with the next release.

Please consider a listing of all the blogs. I can't believe this was left out of this add-on. There are people who have written blogs on my site and I never saw them until waaay later. If someone writes a lot of blogs, it bumps other people's blogs off the main page. There is no pagination for all blogs on the blog home.

Intermittent errors appearing in my server error log ...

Code:
Undefined index: HTTP_HOST
Today at 12:13 PM - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/MultiBlog.php:22
Today at 12:13 PM - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/MultiBlog.php:22
Today at 4:02 AM - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/MultiBlog.php:22
Today at 3:48 AM - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/MultiBlog.php:22
Today at 3:11 AM - library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/MultiBlog.php:22

Rigel Kentaurus is a good developer, but he has the habit of going missing for long points in time (in my opinion). So I would say yes, but nothing soon (is my guess).

Perhaps, but he is around at the moment (posted today and earlier this week too) but is not responding to bug reports or queries in here. He said only a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't developing add-ons currently, but I still expect interaction and bug fixes for paid add-ons.
I think I'm going to have to treat this as an abandoned add-on, write-off the $40, and look at other options for user blogs.

Perhaps, but he is around at the moment (posted today and earlier this week too) but is not responding to bug reports or queries in here. He said only a couple of weeks ago that he wasn't developing add-ons currently, but I still expect interaction and bug fixes for paid add-ons.
I think I'm going to have to treat this as an abandoned add-on, write-off the $40, and look at other options for user blogs.
Source on where he said he's not going to be further developing please.....

Top Bottom