Better Blogs [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus updated Better Blogs with a new update entry:

1.0.9 Fix for PHP 5.3, Search Indexer and LN Blog Attachments

Bugs fixed
  • Added compatibility with Route Changer add-on (previously the site could permanently redirect if used along with multisite)
  • Fix for subdomains with underscore when two users were found with the name username
    Added an option to disable using a custom style for the blog
  • Follow entry has been moved above the sidebar instead of on top of the content, to be in sync with the blog home page
  • Re-added compatibility with PHP 5.2 (by a DateTime change previous version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How many database queries does this add?
Depending on to what.
There is no additional queries on the forum home, none on the thread list, none on the thread display ...

It would add 1 query for each of the panels that you decide to show on the forum homepage sidebar, but it would then be cached for whatever you specify (an hour by default)

Depending on to what.
There is no additional queries on the forum home, none on the thread list, none on the thread display ...

It would add 1 query for each of the panels that you decide to show on the forum homepage sidebar, but it would then be cached for whatever you specify (an hour by default)
Thank you for addressing my question so quickly. :)

I believe this was already asked, but I have not seen a reply to it yet. Has this been tested with php 5.4 ?

After uninstall/reinstall with the latest version, I still seem to be seeing a lot of unexpected attachments.

When creating a blog with attachments, I got a javascript error. It did not lead me to the blog post either.

So I opened up another page and went to blogs. I saw that my blogs were posted along with the attachments.

Is this a bug?

When creating a blog with attachments, I got a javascript error. It did not lead me to the blog post either.

So I opened up another page and went to blogs. I saw that my blogs were posted along with the attachments.

Is this a bug?
I tried it locally and didn't get the JS error. Would you happen to have the javascript error or a screenshot at hand?

I thought I fixed the bug, could be another one lurking around. Could you double check that the LNBlog.php file was updated?

Aye, it was. I actually tend to rename the folder aqnd upload the zip again.

I ran the query manually, and can see that the user_ids from the attachments just do not match the entries. My blog shows a lot of attachments, and my user_id = 1.

The query returns completely different user-ids.

blog_attachments_1.webp
blog_attachments_2.webp

I can't reproduce locally. Maybe I don't have an installation big enough for that.
Could you run these two queries for me?

Code:
SELECT count(*)
FROM xf_attachment attachment
INNER JOIN lnblog_entry entry ON attachment.content_id = entry.entry_id AND attachment.content_type = 'blog_entry'
INNER JOIN xf_attachment_data attachment_data ON attachment.data_id = attachment_data.data_id
WHERE entry.message_state = 'visible';

Code:
SELECT count(*)
FROM xf_attachment attachment WHERE attachment.content_type = 'blog_entry';

I just realized that this not necessarily means it is a bug with the latest version. It could be that the old attachments are still lingering around, and when you re-import, they come back again.

The blog uninstaller does not really remove the attachments, it relies on the fact that there is a XenForo clean up job that will remove orphan elements. But if the blog is uninstalled then reinstalled, then the attachments end up not being removed at all.

I think on a future version I will add that to the uninstaller, so it specifically cleans up everything (news feed, alerts, attachments) instead of waiting for the daily clean up process.

Could you try the following?

1) Uninstall the blogs addon
2) Run the following queries
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_attachment WHERE content_type = 'xfa_blog_entry';
DELETE FROM xf_attachment WHERE content_type = 'xfa_blog_entry_scheduled';
3) Install the blogs addon and run the import process again

I am almost sure that this time you will not end up with duplicated attachments.

Could you try the following?

1) Uninstall the blogs addon
2) Run the following queries
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_attachment WHERE content_type = 'xfa_blog_entry';
DELETE FROM xf_attachment WHERE content_type = 'xfa_blog_entry_scheduled';
3) Install the blogs addon and run the import process again

I am almost sure that this time you will not end up with duplicated attachments.

Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow morning :) Would be awesome to get things to work so I can release it to my members :)

The uninstaller does not seem to drop the xfa_blog_entry_scheduled table.

Uninstalling and wiping the tables seems to have done the trick, though :) Awesome!

The uninstaller does not seem to drop the xfa_blog_entry_scheduled table.

Uninstalling and wiping the tables seems to have done the trick, though :) Awesome!
Thanks for the note. I have added the entry_scheduled table to the uninstaller for a later release.
Glad to know it's working now. The uninstaller will also now wipe does attachments.

Top Bottom