Better Blogs [Deleted]

Hey how do I use the webfonts feature?
When customizing, you might notice that the list contains several fonts that are not standard fonts (Crafty Girls, Open Sans, Open Sans Condensed, Raleway Dots). All of those are loading from a webfont definition, on an html 5 compatible browser (which is most nowadays) that font is available even though the user would not have it in their system

When customizing, you might notice that the list contains several fonts that are not standard fonts (Crafty Girls, Open Sans, Open Sans Condensed, Raleway Dots). All of those are loading from a webfont definition, on an html 5 compatible browser (which is most nowadays) that font is available even though the user would not have it in their system
How and where do I add to it?

Nevermind I found it: xfa_blog_custom_fonts.css

and the fonts folder when looking at the addon files.

Yeaaah booy!!! I'mma rate this 5 stars

Hmm. I tried adding this, didn't work.

Code:
@font-face {
    font-family: 'Conv_cgothic';
    src: url('fonts/cgothic.eot');
    src: local('☺'), url('fonts/cgothic.woff') format('woff'), url('fonts/cgothic.ttf') format('truetype'), url('fonts/cgothic.svg') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
}
@font-face {
    font-family: 'Conv_socialglyphs-webfont';
    src: url('fonts/socialglyphs-webfont.eot');
    src: local('☺'), url('fonts/socialglyphs-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('fonts/socialglyphs-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'), url('fonts/socialglyphs-webfont.svg') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
}

Where do we download the new version? My username on your site is the same as on here but it says I don't have permission to view stuff :(

Unsure whether your taking suggestions but I thought i'd suggest a minor thing. Not sure whether the default border-radius you set for .entries .entry is 20px, if it is I'd suggest lowering this significantly to about 5px?

also add a margin-bottom: 10px to .xfa_blog_home .title

Just a couple of things at a glance to tidy things up.

Unsure whether your taking suggestions but I thought i'd suggest a minor thing. Not sure whether the default border-radius you set for .entries .entry is 20px, if it is I'd suggest lowering this significantly to about 5px?

Couldn't those be edited in extras.css for each board? Some people might like those styling sets, so changing it wouldn't help everyone.

Thanks Shelly, these seem perfectly reasonable, I'll add them for the next update

I have a few suggestions if they are not implemented already...

• Facebook & Twitter buttons for readers to click and share
  • Facebook & Twitter "PUBLISH" buttons so you can publish your blog to your social networks
I have not yet installed the blogs. Does it have these features? If not, can they be added?
Add your blog RSS to Google Feedburner then connect twitter and facebook to your feedburner.

Cake $$$$$$$

A few things I'd like to see in the sidebar
  • Recent Entries From Following
  • Recent Comments
  • Blog Statistics
  • Trending topics (tags)
  • Buzzing
Your photos suggest bloggers can customer their blogs. I don't see this in your demo.

LB Blog had a bloggers intro (small area for the blogger to introduce him / her self)

Could you explain Buzzing to me? I don't understand that one

Your photos suggest bloggers can customer their blogs. I don't see this in your demo

They can. Create a blog, and on the right sidebar, there is a "Customize Blog" link. Click on that to start changing colors and style.

LB Blog had a bloggers intro

There is a description area that can be customized by the blogger

Could you explain Buzzing to me? I don't understand that one

They can. Create a blog, and on the right sidebar, there is a "Customize Blog" link. Click on that to start changing colors and style.

There is a description area that can be customized by the blogger
This site here attracts bloggers like bees to honey

http://thoughts.com/blogs/explore

Browse this for ideas

Buzzing.... Top blogs, which is ranked both on views, comments, and subscribers.

Which brings the point... You also need a subscribe.

Top Bottom