Better Blogs [Deleted]

Why is this query running on the forum home page and how do I kill it?

Code:
SELECT profile_post.*
    posting_user.*,
    IF(posting_user.username IS NULL, profile_post.username, posting_user.username) AS username,
    receiving_user.username
        AS profile_username,
    receiving_user.gender
        AS profile_gender,
    receiving_user.user_state
        AS profile_user_state,
    receiving_user.user_group_id
        AS profile_user_group_id,
    receiving_user.secondary_group_ids
        AS profile_secondary_group_ids,
    receiving_user.display_style_group_id
        AS profile_display_style_group_id,
    receiving_user.is_banned
        AS profile_is_banned,
    receiving_user.is_admin
        AS profile_is_admin,
    receiving_user.is_moderator
        AS profile_is_moderator,
    receiving_user.avatar_date
        AS profile_avatar_date,
    receiving_user.gravatar
        AS profile_gravatar,
    receiving_user.warning_points
        AS profile_warning_points,
    receiving_user.permission_combination_id
        AS profile_permission_combination_id,
    receiving_user_privacy.allow_view_profile
        AS profile_allow_view_profile,
    receiving_user_privacy.allow_post_profile
        AS profile_allow_post_profile,
    receiving_user_privacy.allow_send_personal_conversation
        AS profile_allow_send_personal_conversation,
    receiving_user_privacy.allow_view_identities
        AS profile_allow_view_identities,
    receiving_user_privacy.allow_receive_news_feed
        AS profile_allow_allow_receive_news_feed,
    IF (receiving_user_follow.follow_user_id, 1, 0)
        AS following_2819
,xfa_blog_read.blog_read_date
,xfa_blog.last_entry
,xfa_blog.blog_key blog_key

FROM xf_profile_post AS profile_post

LEFT JOIN xf_user AS posting_user ON
        (posting_user.user_id = profile_post.user_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_user AS receiving_user ON
        (receiving_user.user_id = profile_post.profile_user_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_user_privacy AS receiving_user_privacy ON
        (receiving_user_privacy.user_id = profile_post.profile_user_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_user_follow AS receiving_user_follow ON
        (receiving_user_follow.user_id = profile_post.profile_user_id AND follow_user_id = 2819)
LEFT JOIN xfa_blog_read ON xfa_blog_read.blog_user_id = profile_post.user_id AND xfa_blog_read.user_id = 2819
LEFT JOIN xfa_blog ON xfa_blog.user_id = profile_post.user_id

WHERE (profile_post.message_state IN ('visible'))
ORDER BY profile_post.post_date DESC
LIMIT 10
Run Time: 31.967709
Select Type    Table    Type    Possible Keys    Key    Key Len    Ref    Rows    Extra
SIMPLE    profile_post    ALL                        12450    Using where; Using temporary; Using filesort
SIMPLE    posting_user    eq_ref    PRIMARY    PRIMARY    4    aspies_xen.profile_post.user_id    1     
SIMPLE    receiving_user    eq_ref    PRIMARY    PRIMARY    4    aspies_xen.profile_post.profile_user_id    1     
SIMPLE    receiving_user_privacy    eq_ref    PRIMARY    PRIMARY    4    aspies_xen.profile_post.profile_user_id    1     
SIMPLE    receiving_user_follow    eq_ref    PRIMARY,follow_user_id    PRIMARY    8    aspies_xen.profile_post.profile_user_id,const    1    Using index
SIMPLE    xfa_blog_read    ALL    user_id                   1    Using where; Using join buffer (Block Nested Loop)
SIMPLE    xfa_blog    eq_ref    PRIMARY    PRIMARY    4    aspies_xen.profile_post.user_id    1    Using where

Is there a way for admins to delete the categories a member created?
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

Mhm..found an incompatability with Waindigos Self Delete Addon, we´re using for years now:

Code:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SelfDelete_ControllerPublic_Abstract::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Abstract) in /var/www/vhosts/meineseite.de/httpdocs/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 119

Has anyone fixed this yet or could give me a helping hand?

So, is there a way to set it so that comments on a blog post aren't all on one page? It makes it hard on our site when a blog post gets too many and then people can't load the page anymore.

Would love to see something like this updated for XF2. If there isn't, I'm going to have to remain with XF 1.5 to avoid losing the blog install I have. :(

Would love to see something like this updated for XF2. If there isn't, I'm going to have to remain with XF 1.5 to avoid losing the blog install I have. :(

The old version sucked pretty bad, so I wouldn't get too excited about a 2.0 version. FWIW, we're keeping our eyes on XenBlog.

The old version sucked pretty bad, so I wouldn't get too excited about a 2.0 version. FWIW, we're keeping our eyes on XenBlog.

I'll have to disagree with you, it was bug free, and I kept free updates for more than 18 months even when money stopped rolling by because we never had more than a few installations, it also had every single feature that we cared about and was integrated with notifications, search, newsfeed, ... even the BD Widget, it was a super strong add-on and while I was maintaining it no one cared to do another blog product because they could not offer something better. Look at the feature list on the first page.

Pet peeves people had was the design, because somehow some people disagreed and wanting something else, and some super-annoying guys that really wanted Global Categories when I told them several times that was out of scope for the product.

So no.. it didn't suck pretty bad, it was pretty awesome, I'm still using it on 3 of my sites and even I have kept updating it for my own consumption. I'm just done with the XenForo crowd that expect free updates all the time, awesome support, babysitting on every single step of the way, and also compatibility with every single add-on under the sun. Maybe someone can take that adventure.

If you are going to go to XenBlog because that is supported, please go ahead, but I see no need to come and insult my work, we had a very nice almost 2 year run with this product and it was really good for a lot of people.

I'm just done with the XenForo crowd that expect free updates all the time, awesome support, babysitting on every single step of the way, and also compatibility with every single add-on under the sun. Maybe someone can take that adventure.

Free?? Maybe others did. Speaking only for us, we emailed you several times over a few months, offered to pay you (very well) for your time, and you completely ignored us.

Also a couple of years back we couldn't download the updated version from your site, our transaction ID kept getting rejected. We emailed you 2 or 3 times about that. Also ignored.

So don't whine about the Xenforo community's expectations if you can't even be bothered to respond to your paying customers.

I agree with Gossipy here on the front that you completely neglected your paying customers, and then released your add-on as open source to wash your hands of any future responsibility. I personally would have paid yearly or every six months for updates and decent support, were it actually provided. There were many issues with your blogs implementation that were never addressed or taken seriously when brought to your attention. I'm not going to be rude and say the add-on "sucked", because it did provide a valuable service to members of my community and was useful to me. However, I feel abandoned by you and your addon.

, I'm still using it on 3 of my sites and even I have kept updating it for my own consumption. I'm just done with the XenForo crowd that expect free updates all the time, awesome support, babysitting on every single step of the way, and also compatibility with every single add-on under the sun. Maybe someone can take that adventure.
Good to know you still put work into your addon, but abandon your customers.

I don't mean to turn this into a flame war, so I'm going to stop replying.
Really sorry you guys felt left out, I really did my best and spent countless hours on this for very little financial reward, thanks for acknowledging that you had a problem with me personally and/or the support, and not with the product.

Top Bottom