Better Blogs [Deleted]

Hello guys/gals. Who has upgraded to XF 2.0 and what have you done with your blog posts? I had to disable it for now.

Trying to figure this out as well. Better Blogs are an active part of my forum, I can't eliminate the blog functionality. I need to import to a blogging alternative, create/custom code my own, or find a way to archive the data for when a working system emerges.

I'm hoping ThemeHouses blog add-on upgrades to XF2 and includes a Better Blogs importer. I may have to hire a custom coder, but that only increases future costs and compatibility issues. Otherwise I'm considering finding a way to convert to private threads in a dedicated forum, and tweak it with some styling. lol.

Would love to hear what others have done or are planning to do. I know a lot of people still use this add-on.

My blog data is still in the database, but I have a backup ready for when I need to import it. As XF1.5 addons have tended to upgrade to XF2, rather than be reinstalled from scratch, I figure any blog importer will work within XF2 itself.

It's unreachable. Lying in the database unfortunately. Users have asked what happened and I've explained them the situation and told them it'll be back.

Has anyone removed the navigation tab for Better Blogs? I've been thinking of replacing it with a simple menu on blog pages only.
Did you figure this out @Brad L ?

Such a pain dealing with this unsupported addon that we paid for. Does anyone know how to get rid of the blogs tab/menu in the navigation bar? It's only showing when logged in which is good, but we have tried to get rid of it numerous ways and cannot figure out how. It shows as the second tab, and links to xfa-blogs/*member name* but we do not allow members to blog unless pre-approved so this is horrible for navigation of our site.

Just wait and be patient. A very well known developer is working on it for months and my best guess is, it is going public a few days after XenForo 2 is out of RC and finally released 😁

Just smile - compared to every blog addon before, best I have seen so far.
OK, will wait :sneaky:

Just wait and be patient. A very well known developer is working on it for months and my best guess is, it is going public a few days after XenForo 2 is out of RC and finally released 😁

Fingers crossed but without a proper importer it's a little bit pointles... I've more than 1800 blog posts lying in the database.

As far as I can see, the importer is already implemented - since august 2016. The date is no typo and should give you a sense, how well build and feature rich this one is by now ;)
Will the importer be able to keep the same URLs as the better blogs entries?

I am looking for a dev who could provide a sql query to import 'better blogs' blog entries and comments to a xenforo forum node.

Any update bro?

Top Bottom