Better Blogs [Deleted]

That update broke my all blogs list.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_blog_entry.allow_members' in 'field list' Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115 Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381 Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478 Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219 XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php at line 300 XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->getBlogList() in XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/BlogList.php at line 40 XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_BlogList->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134 XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/blah/public_html/index.php at line 13
Confirmed

http://xfaddons.com/blog-list/

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/xfa-blog-list/

Error Info
PHP:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_blog_entry.allow_members' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Adam, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
PHP:
#0 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT?????...')
#1 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT?????...')
#2 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT?????...')
#3 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT?????...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php(300): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('????SELECT?????...', 'user_id')
#5 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/BlogList.php(40): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->getBlogList(Array)
#6 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_BlogList->actionIndex()
#7 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/www/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(54) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/xfa-blog-list/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I get this error when clicking on "Watched Blogs"

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_blog_entry.allow_members' in 'field list' Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115 Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381 Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478 Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219 XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php at line 275 XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->getBlogsByIds() in XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/Watched.php at line 22 XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Watched->actionBlogs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134 XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/blah/public_html/index.php at line 13

I get this error when clicking on "Watched Blogs"

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_blog_entry.allow_members' in 'field list' Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115 Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381 Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478 Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219 XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php at line 275 XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->getBlogsByIds() in XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/Watched.php at line 22 XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Watched->actionBlogs() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337 XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134 XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/blah/public_html/index.php at line 13

Also confirmed

Error Info
PHP:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'xfa_blog_entry.allow_members' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Adam, A moment ago
Stack Trace
PHP:
#0 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('????SELECT?????...')
#1 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '????SELECT?????...')
#2 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('????SELECT?????...')
#3 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT?????...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Blog.php(275): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('????SELECT?????...', 'user_id')
#5 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/ControllerPublic/Watched.php(22): XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Blog->getBlogsByIds(Array, Array)
#6 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XfAddOns_Blogs_ControllerPublic_Watched->actionBlogs()
#7 /home/www/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/www/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/xfa-blog-watched/blogs"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Try
Code:
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry ADD last_edit_user_id INT(10) AFTER last_edit_date;

Looks like you don't have all the necessary DB entries for it. You may end up with even more problems if the DB is not valid for the add-on.

This is so weird. Anyone have any idea where the problem might have come from? The DB was valid, I was using it fine for at least a month. I think in one of the recent upgrades the issue came about, can't be sure though. :(

@Tracy Perry @Rigel Kentaurus - would the best approach be to restore only the better blog tables from a backup from before this issue came up?

Last edited:
This is so weird. Anyone have any idea where the problem might have come from? The DB was valid, I was using it fine for at least a month. I think in one of the recent upgrades the issue came about, can't be sure though. :(

@Tracy Perry @Rigel Kentaurus - would the best approach be to restore only the better blog tables from a backup from before this issue came up?

This issue could happen if, say, you uploaded the XML - then uploaded the files

If you did that by any chance, then the add-on would be updated to the newest version, but since the Install.php file was not present, it never run. Next time you upgrade, since the version is already upgraded, the update would not run.

Which version did you have previous to upgrading?

This issue could happen if, say, you uploaded the XML - then uploaded the files

If you did that by any chance, then the add-on would be updated to the newest version, but since the Install.php file was not present, it never run. Next time you upgrade, since the version is already upgraded, the update would not run.

Which version did you have previous to upgrading?

I doubt I did that, I always do files version then xml, but it's possible.

Before upgrading to 1.0.31 (which I did a page back when I noticed the issue), I *think* I was at 1.0.27, I'm not certain though. But even before upgrading to 1.0.31 (which I did when I noticed this issue), I was having the problem. So I don't know at what point/version number the problem started.

I had one or two members posting every day/every other day and the last blog post was Sept 14th. So I likely upgraded to a version that was released within a few days of Sept 14th, which is when I think the problem started.

Looking at the version release dates, I think the issue happened when I upgraded to 1.0.27, which I probably did around sept 14th.

Prior to that I was *probably* at 1.0.26, but I'm not certain.

I doubt I did that, I always do files version then xml, but it's possible.

Before upgrading to 1.0.31 (which I did a page back when I noticed the issue), I *think* I was at 1.0.27, I'm not certain though. But even before upgrading to 1.0.31 (which I did when I noticed this issue), I was having the problem. So I don't know at what point/version number the problem started.

I had one or two members posting every day/every other day and the last blog post was Sept 14th. So I likely upgraded to a version that was released within a few days of Sept 14th, which is when I think the problem started.

Looking at the version release dates, I think the issue happened when I upgraded to 1.0.27, which I probably did around sept 14th.

Prior to that I was *probably* at 1.0.26, but I'm not certain.

Run these set of queries

Code:
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_css CHANGE className className varchar(200) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry CHANGE allow_members allow_members_ids varchar(500) NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry_scheduled CHANGE allow_members allow_members_ids varchar(500) NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry ADD last_edit_date INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry ADD last_edit_user_id INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_entry ADD edit_count INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_comment ADD last_edit_date INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_comment ADD last_edit_user_id INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE xfa_blog_comment ADD edit_count INT unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;

Don't worry if any of those fail

This could also happen if you upload the PHP files, but for any reason Install.php does not get uploaded

When upgrading through the xml plugin I am getting this message:
Please enter a valid callback method (XfAddOns_Blogs_Listener::listenContainerPostDispatch).

That method is in the file library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Listener.php

check your file, if
Code:
public static function listenContainerPostDispatch
is not present, re-upload the file

Hi @Rigel Kentaurus ,
Thanks for quick updates. In fact i am using the 1.0.32 and still have not upgraded yet to 1.0.33. However, i have few questions
i noticed in my blog there was no BB code editior is that becuse i am using 1.0.32 ? If not please let me know how to fix this issue!!
Also, i would like to add Share This Page WIDGETS is there any easy way to do that? if not please add this suggestion to 1.0.34.
Last question would you please let us know if there is a new update coming soon. so i can wait before updating to 1.0.33.

How do I change the route name from /xfa-blog-home/ and /xfa-blog-entry/ and /xfa-blogs/ to /blog/ ?
The current setup is not optimal for SEO and usability.

I'm getting this:

PHP:
An exception occurred: Argument 2 passed to XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry::allowedByPrivacyOptions() must be of the type array, null given, called in /var/www/valinor/web/forum/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php on line 141 and defined in /var/www/valinor/web/forum/library/XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php on line 173

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php at line 173
XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->allowedByPrivacyOptions() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php at line 141
XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->getPerms() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php at line 92
XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->prepareEntry() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Model/Entry.php at line 225
XfAddOns_Blogs_Model_Entry->prepareEntries() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Panel/Entries.php at line 37
XfAddOns_Blogs_Panel_Entries->getEntriesFiltered() in XfAddOns/Blogs/Widget/Entries.php at line 37
XfAddOns_Blogs_Widget_Entries->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 637
WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 338
WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 255
WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 62
WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 235
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->getDefaultOutputArray() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 92
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/valinor/web/forum/index.php at line 13

I reuploaded the files and now it works. Something must have gone wrong there.
Are you by any chance using one of those APC cache settings or the new Zend Optimizer from PHP 5.4?

They cache the files and may not read them again even if re-uploaded until the server is restarted, or the time configured expires
How do I change the route name from /xfa-blog-home/ and /xfa-blog-entry/ and /xfa-blogs/ to /blog/ ?
The current setup is not optimal for SEO and usability.
If you want to merge three routes into one, that is not really possible

Top Bottom