Beta releases?

As per the announcement, XenForo will be ready at the end of the summer, maybe, therefore i think if there is a testing face, it'll be around that time. I'd love to be in a beta testing team if there will be one. :)

It is currently in it's first alpha build, and being worked on as we speak. We're privileged here to try and play with it, use it and give feedback and report bugs. It's way to early to talk numbers, dates, roadmaps, and alike.

I thought I had already seem a couple of "is it ready threads"

I know the temptation is strong to say hurry up but that is not fair as they want to do it right and I don't blame them.

Has there been any discussion about the first releases? As in if they will be free or paid, or pre-order or something like that?

It is a commercial product, so yes, you'll have to pay for it. As for a release date, Kier and Mike will make an announcement when it gets close, I'm sure. ;)

Pre-order sounds nice, because it makes you feel you are getting it sooner than others, which is silly .. You just pay sooner. It will still be out when it's out.

Secondly, why pay for something you don't know what it is or how it will be, look at vBulletin 4 pre-order, and the "gold" release they had the guts to give people.

No, I will wait until things are set in stone, there's trust and reliability, and then pay for it.

Pre-order sounds nice, because it makes you feel you are getting it sooner than others, which is silly .. You just pay sooner. It will still be out when it's out.

Secondly, why pay for something you don't know what it is or how it will be, look at vBulletin 4 pre-order, and the "gold" release they had the guts to give people.

No, I will wait until things are set in stone, there's trust and reliability, and then pay for it.
To me Kier's and Mike's track record is a fair basis for participating in any pre-sale they have.

Top Bottom