Beta releases?

Well, that's a brand new untested model :p

Only members that may do this is the coders / designers / developers / enthusiasts. But then, these guys would be doing the software a favour in getting quality mods pushed out, making the software more appealing. XenForo shouldn't charge the early adopters more money for that privilege.

So in reality....

Pay an extra $100 to help the developers with back-end bug reports and other issues in the software? We would essentially be paying for the privilege of reporting bugs.

Seeing as how beta software is only ready for private testing and not suitable for use on a public server.

Maybe you're right, but I don't see your logic. I certainly wouldn't pay more for an early "unstable" copy.

As stupid as it sounds, I know there's people out there that will happily spend extra to get products earlier then everyone else. I'm not one of those people, I would never even think about paying more for a system that could potentially have major issues that could compromise my entire website

Nothing new about it, it's done by Apple all the time.

As far as Apple is concerned, is the qualitiy of their releases really only beta? It's expensive but beta? They tend to hold some features back to increase demand in six months just before christmas :)

I don't see the point of gaining users fast on your mods if they will not pay you. What will you do it for? Fame? In the case you are gonna sell the mod you will have to compete for years against your competitors... doesn't matter when you get your hands on the code for the first time....
Floris, it surelly is ;)

I think XenForo alpha 1 has already proven it's going to be up to par.

That said, more so my reason is to just point out that just because you're an early adopter you don't automatically could demand for a discount, I find it silly. Be glad you got access, and be glad you have input on the product during its development process.

I think XenForo alpha 1 has already proven it's going to be up to par.

That said, more so my reason is to just point out that just because you're an early adopter you don't automatically could demand for a discount, I find it silly. Be glad you got access, and be glad you have input on the product during its development process.
Exactly. I'm just glad to be here in it's early days, it almost feels like one of those "history in the making" moments... sorta :p =)

Yes, but you abandoned the project and some other people took it over and made it better :p
I didn't abandoned the project. Before I finished my code Eric made it and published his. And later you made yours. And both were more complete and dynamic than mine. So I have discontinued it :) Doesn't mean I wasn't first :p

I didn't abandoned the project. Before I finished my code Eric made it and published his. And later you made yours. And both were more complete and dynamic than mine. So I have discontinued it :) Doesn't mean I wasn't first :p
Fair enough :D You definitely had the sig first though

how can a kick in the teeth be friendly? :p
I put a little flower on my shoe

Yes, I think in a period of six months we will see further development such as a private alpha/beta test, at least. With the lack of company information at the moment, I don't suspect something to be expected to be on sale, such as a public demo.

Top Bottom