Beta releases?

So was Jelsoft their track record, just saying. Wasn't a fool falling for it then, and won't be this time either. I am patient enough to spend my money carefully, as well as thinking I know what's best for my community. Rushing things isn't worth it - but that's my opinion.

Pre-order sounds nice, because it makes you feel you are getting it sooner than others, which is silly .. You just pay sooner. It will still be out when it's out.
No, I will wait until things are set in stone, there's trust and reliability, and then pay for it.

I have same opinions. I get surprised when I see people standing in line for days in order to get their hands at iPhones, iPods etc... what does that suppose to mean. It's not like they're getting it for free anyway.

A friend of mine had preordered iPhone 4 and once it arrived, he immediately tried to jailbreak it on his own and failed big time. Now it's locked and completely unusable. Yet he still claims some pride that he got the first iPhone4 in our area...

I'd say, make the early adopter price $100 higher than the consumer version, so they can invest in an early copy and get access to the nightly builds to help in-depth beta test it.

I'd say, make the early adopter price $100 higher than the consumer version, so they can invest in an early copy and get access to the nightly builds to help in-depth beta test it.

Only members that may do this is the coders / designers / developers / enthusiasts. But then, these guys would be doing the software a favour in getting quality mods pushed out, making the software more appealing. XenForo shouldn't charge the early adopters more money for that privilege.

So in reality....

Pay an extra $100 to help the developers with back-end bug reports and other issues in the software? We would essentially be paying for the privilege of reporting bugs.

Seeing as how beta software is only ready for private testing and not suitable for use on a public server.

Maybe you're right, but I don't see your logic. I certainly wouldn't pay more for an early "unstable" copy.

As stupid as it sounds, I know there's people out there that will happily spend extra to get products earlier then everyone else. I'm not one of those people, I would never even think about paying more for a system that could potentially have major issues that could compromise my entire website

Only members that may do this is the coders / designers / developers / enthusiasts. But then, these guys would be doing the software a favour in getting quality mods pushed out, making the software more appealing. XenForo shouldn't charge the early adopters more money for that privilege.

So in reality....

Pay an extra $100 to help the developers with back-end bug reports and other issues in the software? We would essentially be paying for the privilege of reporting bugs.

Seeing as how beta software is only ready for private testing and not suitable for use on a public server.

Maybe you're right, but I don't see your logic. I certainly wouldn't pay more for an early "unstable" copy.

Have you ever heard of "Blizzard"?

I know guys who are spending a lot of money even to participate in Beta tests, as seen with "StarCraft II".

I also think I would run a beta version as public site (if allowed too), if the software is stable enough.

So in reality....

This is more realistic.
Have you ever heard of "Blizzard"?

I know guys who are spending a lot of money even to participate in Beta tests, as seen with "StarCraft II".

I also think I would run a beta version as public site (if allowed too), if the software is stable enough.
It's a game. People enjoy using it before the public exit, i don't understand how people can really believe there is someone that will be happy to pay an extra for having something not production-ready and usable only to product (free) mods.

This is more realistic.

It's a game. People enjoy using it before the public exit, i don't understand how people can really believe there is someone that will be happy to pay an extra for having something not production-ready and usable only to product (free) mods.
Not only to code mods. It's often some sort of "to have something before the others have it too" ;)

Top Bottom