Beta 5

Admin>Options>Facebook>check mark on...

Is it supposed to be turned on anywhere else? I tried turning it off then back on, still not there.

Admin>Options>Facebook>check mark on...

Is it supposed to be turned on anywhere else? I tried turning it off then back on, still not there.
Check that your thread_view template includes the share_page template, and that the share_page template contains the Facebook XFBML <fb:like .... > tag.

The upgrade process takes like 5 minutes or something equally small, so no biggie I would have thought. Try the hour plus it takes for another product.
My server is in the US and I live in Australia, I have 300ms ping to the server. Uploading ~20Mbs in 2100+ files and ~400 folders is takes far more than 5 minutes.

I really need to learn how to unzip files over PuTTy :/

as expected, people are quick to point out xf is in beta, as if something will change once we are out of beta, or that things shouldnt be suggested in the beta phase.
people again point out that noobs might not know which package to download and may create a support nightmare, as if it wasnt suggested to possibly hide the update in svn.
once more it was asked 'why would anyone want change a core file?' thats logical hey. why would anyone want to change a template either? why would anyone want to change a graphic?
sure, i will just continue to diff a 2000+ file 'update' package against a running log of edits. its not like its 2010 or whatnot.

because its easier to diff two directories than a dozen individual files.
So you are editing several files, then when there is an updated xf version, you upload the new version to your server and using this command? Then presumably hand craft any changes to the necessary files?
diff -rq dirA dirB

If you told us the core files you are editing, there's a good likelihood that we'll be able to point out an appropriate code event that would allow you to do what you want without editing the files. And if there isn't, perhaps we would consider adding one.

Top Bottom