Confirmed Error while attempting to enable push notifications

Simon2

Affected version
XF2.3 Beta 5
In Setup > Options > User alerts and notifications enabling push notifications throw the following error:

Code:
RuntimeException: Unable to create the key in src\vendor\web-token\jwt-core\Util\ECKey.php at line 160
Jose\Component\Core\Util\ECKey::createECKeyUsingOpenSSL() in src\vendor\web-token\jwt-core\Util\ECKey.php at line 119
Jose\Component\Core\Util\ECKey::createECKey() in src\vendor\web-token\jwt-key-mgmt\JWKFactory.php at line 78
Jose\Component\KeyManagement\JWKFactory::createECKey() in src\vendor\minishlink\web-push\src\VAPID.php at line 169
Minishlink\WebPush\VAPID::createVapidKeys() in src\XF\Option\EnablePush.php at line 79
XF\Option\EnablePush::verifyOption() in src\XF\Entity\Option.php at line 208
XF\Entity\Option->verifyOptionValue() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 826
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_verifyValueCustom() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 671
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php at line 606
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src\XF\Repository\Option.php at line 113
XF\Repository\Option->updateOptions() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\Option.php at line 86
XF\Admin\Controller\Option->actionUpdate() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 258
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2592
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 532
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I am using Laragon with PHP 8.3.6 and MySQL 8.0.30.

I'm assuming this is on Windows? Not my area of expertise these days but this could be something to do with OpenSSL not being available. Do you know if the OpenSSL extension is available to PHP?

I'm assuming this is on Windows? Not my area of expertise these days but this could be something to do with OpenSSL not being available. Do you know if the OpenSSL extension is available to PHP?
It is running on Windows and OpenSSL is not installed. Correct.

I suspect you have the openssl extension installed, but your system will need OpenSSL installed. We'll possibly need to provide a more graceful error here.

Top Bottom