1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John, Dec 10, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Who here thinks like I do that XF B5 is by far the best release of the series so far (aside from the fact it's only been one week since B4)? KM&A are sure gettin jiggy with it, eh? :D
    Veer, Peggy, krstep and 1 other person like this.
  2. random

random Active Member

I think that RC is coming soon :)
    krstep, Dragonfly and John like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Ha ha ... the announcement was only posted an hour ago ... have you managed to install it and look around all the new bits and bobs already?

Shaun :D
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

Agreed...I think January will be a very exciting month for all us XF enthusiasts :)
    random and Elizabeth like this.
  5. Diablotic

Diablotic Active Member

those bits and bobs have been here on xenforo.com for a while already
  6. John

John Well-Known Member

Actually yes, but they have also been in place here for a bit too ;)
  7. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I must say, I'm impressed with how quickly it's all coming together ... and the fact that people are moving stable sites on other platforms over to beta xF speaks volumes for how confident people are in the product.

Bring it on ... :D
    Peggy likes this.
  8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Of course they would release it when I hit the road, and it will tonight before I can download it, LOL
  9. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Just need a viable project now to commit. Mine's coming to a close at the end of this month.
    Our local site under vB4.1.0 is being closed and our members are merging (well...flocking as intended) to our National Forum powered by CS2007.
  10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I haven't had a chance to take a thorough look at beta5 but I'm sure it'll will be another fine improvement. I've noticed one feature with the style template selection I like and the feature list in the announcements is a very welcome addition to this update. ;)
  11. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

upgrade went smooth as pie. New features are awesome!
  12. TNCclubman

small request for the upgrade package...

overwrites my sites logo everytime i upgrade. Any chance for the upgrade package the logo.png comes as logo_original.png ?
  13. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why not create a new directory and move your logo there and/or change the logo path in the ACP?
    Peggy, jmurrayhead and Kier like this.
  14. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

15. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

It's nice that with every release you can see it moving forward.
    Not 2 steps forward, 3 steps backwards.
  16. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

It's a nice feeling, you simply can't buy this level of comfort. Oh wait!! you can purchase xenforo now!! :D
    Nasr, Nix, Peggy and 2 others like this.
  17. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

It is a nice upgrade, :)

Not only is XenForo fun to use, I find that performing the upgrades are just as fun: quick, smooth, and looks fantastic, :cool:
    Carlos likes this.
  18. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

And I can do it at work. :) Between phone calls.
    Upgrade is so flawless it makes me cry. :(
    Peggy likes this.
  19. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I would certainly hope that every subsequent Beta release is better than the one before it. If Beta 5 was worse than Beta 4, then I'd be quite concerned about the state of the software.
  20. TNCclubman