Beta 4 Installation

Blandt

It literally took 3 minutes :)

started at 7:36 am. and done at 7:39 am.

The good news : The IIS issue is gone :) We Microsoft folks now can insert and attach full images with no issues :)

The bad news : None
( but i am also doing a vB upgrade 4.1 so .. :D)

I started the upload of the files then went to go take a shower, got back browsed to install and 2-3 minutes later I was done. I'll be updating my XFStop making sure it's fully compatible as well as making sure the mobile style still looks good :)

I see no issues with XFStop or XFStopFluid.

Only problem I am having is my ftp...just switched from dual boot mac/windows to just the mac and can't find an ftp to suit me (and yes, I know about Cyberduck). But I've used WinSCP and Cyberduck just doesn't have enough of an interface to suit me.

Only problem I am having is my ftp...just switched from dual boot mac/windows to just the mac and can't find an ftp to suit me (and yes, I know about Cyberduck). But I've used WinSCP and Cyberduck just doesn't have enough of an interface to suit me.

MACs are good because basically it's a fancy UNIX ... If you take the time to learn you will never look back to windows (unless you are really really forced by a mean boss :D )
but anyway Filezilla works for MAC too :) here : http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Some CSS edits I can understand - and some of that is probably down to things not being in style properties at the time, which has changed dramatically - but by template edits, I assume you mean HTML edits, and I'm curious what edits you had to make for that.
99% of the work was done in css, but there were occasions i had to look elsewhere. i do not recall particularly where, or for what, but i will keep a log of the changes i make when recreating the dark default theme again.
i am excited about the prospect of things having changed drastically, because a simple dark recolour of the default theme was a huge task.

99% of the work was done in css, but there were occasions i had to look elsewhere. i do not recall particularly where, or for what, but i will keep a log of the changes i make when recreating the dark default theme again.
i am excited about the prospect of things having changed drastically, because a simple dark recolour of the default theme was a huge task.
i am working with a dev board updated to b4 right now, specifically recreating the dark theme.
i must say it is far easier this time around. much fewer elusive shadows, gradients, and glows, much less need for firebug.
it also occurred to me that the necessity of the template edits i referred to earlier was due to constantly needing to change things like class=primarylight to class=primarylightest and so on. now that so much more of this is visible in the editor i havent yet needed to directly edit a template or css file.

good work mate.

whats this about needing to revert templates and re-edit? did anybody need to do that?
vB tells you that you need to revert these templates.

But in XenForo, it doesn't seem like its jumping at you like a warning sign, as vb does. At least that has been my experience, mostly because my edits were minimal. Miniscule.

i am working with a dev board updated to b4 right now, specifically recreating the dark theme.
i must say it is far easier this time around. much fewer elusive shadows, gradients, and glows, much less need for firebug.
it also occurred to me that the necessity of the template edits i referred to earlier was due to constantly needing to change things like class=primarylight to class=primarylightest and so on. now that so much more of this is visible in the editor i havent yet needed to directly edit a template or css file.

good work mate.
Extremely interesting.

Possibly worthy of an entirely separate thread, especially since the the Styling Properties are almost complete. There may be things what would make your experience easier if implemented.

Top Bottom