XF 1.4 Best way to handle subscriptions after import?

Amin Sabet

I recently did an import from vBulletin to Xenforo

Some of members were paying a yearly subscription which put them in a user group called "Subscribing Members" where they would get certain perks (no ads, extra gallery space, etc).

After the import, those members are nicely still in that designated user group, and they still have their perks, but they are not set up for their status to expire at some point, ie 1 year after their payment.

Isf I now set up a user upgrade that takes members to the Subscribing Members user group, is there a way for me to set all the users who are currently in that group to drop out of that group back to registered members unless they resubscribe to that user upgrade?

How do I set an expiry? We're talking about user upgrades, not promotions, right? I set up a user upgrade where people pay $5 every 3 months to be adding to the donor usergroup.

Meanwhile I have a couple hundred members already in that usergroup from the old site. But those members are not showing under "Active User Upgrades".

Can I:

1) Generate a list of the members currently in that donor group

2) Bulk move them all back to the default registered user group

3) Use "Manually Upgrade User" to upgrade each of them one by one and set an expiry date at that time

?

User upgrades are the mechanism by which members purchase upgrades from their account page.

User group promotions allow members to be added to user groups when they meet the criteria.

In both cases you can manually promote them.

Can I:

1) Generate a list of the members currently in that donor group

2) Bulk move them all back to the default registered user group

3) Use "Manually Upgrade User" to upgrade each of them one by one and set an expiry date at that time
Yes - search for users.

Yes - batch update users.

Yes.

You don't need to list them or save it.

Just use Batch Update Users and you can list the matches before you complete the action.

upload_2015-2-20_18-21-33.webp

You can then copy and paste that to a text file.

Top Bottom