1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to handle old posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by m3commish, Aug 3, 2015.

1. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

I just want to know the best way to handle moving old posts would be without losing my forums post count
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are moving or deleting?
  3. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are you talking about the individual counts for a forum or user post counts? The forum post count always reflects what's actually there, so there isn't a way around that. User post counts should remain accurate, as long as the forum is set to count posts.
  5. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Hey @Mike - For the most part, I am referring to the overall post count of the forum. My past forum service, I just created a node that was titled, 'Old Posts', and would move any unnecessary posts there. I was just inquiring here to see if there was a better way or maybe even an add-on that kept them somehow .. although, I couldn't find any such thing.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Creating an archive node and disabling the ability for new threads/posts to be posted is the best method, in my opinion.
    m3commish likes this.
  7. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

I also do it this way. I also hide it from the forumlist because it's old and low quality. And not useful anymore.
    m3commish likes this.