Best Managed Host for around $25?

g9a1

Looking to spend up to or around $25 on a managed host that supports XenForo well. Any recommendations?

I chatted with them a few months ago and they said their $25 VPS-1 plan wouldn't be able to handle XenForo.

I dont see why not. Depends on what you want out of it. But a single thread i7/xeon vps with 1gb of ram properly tuned should be able to handle 250 concurrent users per second IMO. Realistically a non tuned setup in comparison will start to slow down at around 50. I Pay 5 a month for a digital ocean VPS i configure myself. It lacks a little compared to the shared dedicated server TBG is on but it load tests pretty well.

I chatted with them a few months ago and they said their $25 VPS-1 plan wouldn't be able to handle XenForo.

That's silly. Not really sure why they would tell you that. They used to have a rep. here that participated every now again. Maybe they'll explain, because I sure can't figure it out.

xF is very light as far as resources are concerned.

Was there any other specs mentioned in the chat that would lead to them to say they couldn't handle XF under that package?

Maybe the person I talked to was uninformed. From everyone's responses here it seems like their VPS-1 plan can in fact support a Xenforo forum, so I think I may use them soon.

Would still like to see some other suggestions though.

There are not a lot of good managed hosts out there, to be honest. Knownhost is good. Wiredtree is good, though they are nowhere near your budget. My recommendations would stop there. The rest are pretty much garbage (not the hosting product necessarily, but the management). The $21 for the VPS-1 at Knownhost should suit you just fine.

Reactions: Xon
The cheapest vps host I know of that is actually of good quality is NuWebHosting. Check them out at www.nuwebhosting.com

They have remarkable support and have advanced DDoS mitigation as well. It's going to be the cheapest you can find for the quality you need.

I have a SSD VPS 1 with Knowhost for a few small sites, I can't complain.. no downtime and it's fast for what it is. I moved from ServInt (due to pricing). Both support, uptime, and speed has been outstanding for both companies.

Top Bottom