Best Hosting provider for XenForo?

I use Singlehop (Dedicated), but they also have other hosting options.

I have dealt with many hosting providers over the years (1&1, Serverbeach and CoreNetworks just to name a few), and have to say that Singlehop's service is impeccable. In fact, I had a HD start to fail recently, and they worked tirelessly to get the HD replaced, configure the server (even adding and configuring things I had installed like ffmpeg) and getting everything back up and running with in a few hours. And they kept me notified of what was going on every step of the way.

I am seriously considering a semi dedicated plan with Hawkhost. Have been with Wiredtree for a few months and in the beginning they were great but to be honest I have had more issues with them than when I was on shared hosting.

Sadly, we are also considering a migrate. The first 30 days with WiredTree was great, then everything went to hell. After seeing more people with the same experience, I'm thinking its SOP for them.

I highly recommend this: http://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers.xml
They're partner with OVH, the $49 USD package is pretty decent plan.
Ouch on the red highlighted portion. I just set up a VPS for an individual on one of their Kimsufi? servers. Talk about slow. Ended up moving his site over to a VPS I created on one of my servers in Florida and it is noticeably faster (and that's on a server using software RAID and is 1.5GB RAM with 1 CPU/2 core with ability to burst to 2GB whereas his original server was 4GB). The setup for him is not a permanent deal since the server is a test bed for me but it will do until he can find somewhere that is priced where he needs it to be and is a good fit for him.

Reactions: rdn
Sadly, we are also considering a migrate. The first 30 days with WiredTree was great, then everything went to hell. After seeing more people with the same experience, I'm thinking its SOP for them.

I'm still with WiredTree. I signed up with HawkHost and their tech support response time was horrid so I canceled my account before moving my site over. Right now the only reoccurring issue is out of memory errors. In defense of WT, they have the best customer/tech support I've ever dealt with.

Strangely no one has yet recommended Digital Ocean :) I'm using them for 14 month now and I'm pretty satisfied.
Because they are un managed :D maybe :)

Well that and they don't run an actual cloud at all. We had a "droplet" with them for a DNS server and fell victim to their now infamous series of downtime, in which it was discovered they had a dual drive failure on their RAID5 setup. RAID5 instead of a SAN back-end? Yep... no cloud at all. You get what you pay for. The 1 IP limit can certainly be a factor too for some folks.

Refreshing not to hear the minions suggest a host that had xf in its name whenever someone asks for a decent hosting provider for xenforo now.

Refreshing not to hear the minions suggest a host that had xf in its name whenever someone asks for a decent hosting provider for xenforo now.
Snide response aside - I've recommended him and don't use him (I run my own dedicated servers) and don't consider myself a minion. A pity your personal outlook/childishness comes shining through each time @Mike Edge is mentioned.
There apparently were plenty of people that used his service that had no problems.

Snide response aside - I've recommended him and don't use him (I run my own dedicated servers) and don't consider myself a minion. A pity your personal outlook/childishness comes shining through each time @Mike Edge is mentioned.
There apparently were plenty of people that used his service that had no problems.

And still do, including several that came to me after the sale as the new service is so bad and they only trust me with their site :) Haters gonna hate though..

I'm going to side with @tajhay on this one, every time a thread was started about hosting for a XenForo forum, people mentioned XFHost, I've always thought it more practical if people were to link to his Third Party Services thread (if one exists).

No offence, @Mike Edge. I hope 2014 and your new ventures work out for you, good luck (y).

I'm going to side with @tajhay on this one, every time a thread was started about hosting for a XenForo forum, people mentioned XFHost, I've always thought it more practical if people were to link to his Third Party Services thread (if one exists).

No offence, @Mike Edge. I hope 2014 and your new ventures work out for you, good luck (y).
Why? Do you link to a thread for KnownHost, Digital Ocean, OVH, etc? An individual asks for a name and people provide it. :D

Top Bottom