1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Being logged out of Admin CP on any and every action

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Vali, May 22, 2015.

1. Vali

Vali New Member

Hi all,

I`ve read a few threads ref this problem, but could not find anything that helps me.
    Basically, I`m being logged out on any action while in Admin CP.

This happens to two different admin users on 2 different PC's (same network though).
    If I log in from home rather than work, keeps happening the same.

Anybody has any idea what is this caused by? i`m having real difficulties because of this, It took me 10 minutes and about 40 tries to change a password of one user...

Thanks
    Vali

Edit: I`ve logged in on the forum, clicked create thread, written it up, and when I clicked post, it asked me TO LOG IN, so it is happening here, as well.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you mean this forum?

If so, that is an issue with your connection to the internet/ISP.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

4. Vali

Vali New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I meant on this forum as well.
    I don't see anything wrong with the connection whatsoever, cache / cookies have been cleared, etc.

5. Vali

Vali New Member

Done that, will check if it works. Thanks

EDIT: nope, it does not work. This was not the cause of the issue.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It would seem to imply that your IP is changing unexpectedly (or cookies are being cleared in your browser). You could check a page like this to see if your IP changes over a short (minutes) period of time: https://www.whatismyip.com/

7. Vali

Vali New Member

Hi guys,

Thank you all from the help.
    Managed to find what was causing the issue. We have 2 internet connections with a load balancing set up on them. basically we were hoping IP's all the time - hence the logged out issue.

Thank you all for contributing, and shout out to @AndyB who has helped a lot via PM's (top man, Andy!)
    Vali

AndyB likes this.