Being logged out of ACP.

Sytheriseida

Hi, there.

As I stated in a previous thread, a friend of mine wanted to test xenForo. So I installed xenForo onto his server from my account (and password-protected it of course - completely for testing purposes only).
However, we're running into a few snags.

Every time we login, it seems to start having problems with, what I assume is refreshing. It logs us out after nearly any action we make, or after a very short amount of time (20-30 seconds). We've played around with settings such as xcache, disabling plugins, increasing memory, etc, but it doesn't seem to be giving any permanent solution.

We have CloudFlare, but it is 100% disabled on this site, so we know it's not that.

With no other methods to try, I come here. Any ideas?

Thanks.

The issue you're describing is going to be something server side and it's typically due to a reverse proxy, or possibly caching.

Cloudflare is a prime candidate for causing this, as are things like Sucuri/Cloudproxy.

Have you tried contacting your host and asking them to investigate?

We'd really need to see URL to provide any more details.

(On a side note, I'd mention that the testing element is really in support of the primary URL rather than a separate element. For testing, one of our admin demos is probably preferred.)

My friend's response is this:
""Admin demos don't tell you how well a software will work on your own server, nor do they show you how well a conversion from a previous software will work. In this instance, the import will be of approximately 62,000 members, 2.25 million posts in 20,000 threads, 40,000 gallery images and 220,000 gallery comments. Naturally a sensible admin wants to be sure a potential new software is capable of doing this smoothly without errors."

I can supply you with a URL and password to the server via PM. Who should I PM?

You can send a conversation to any of the staff here--although since Brogan and Mike replied to you here, they'd probably be best--or, if you prefer, you can submit a ticket and input the login information in the sensitive info box. The owner of the license will have to do the latter, though.

"Admin demos don't tell you how well a software will work on your own server, nor do they show you how well a conversion from a previous software will work. In this instance, the import will be of approximately 62,000 members, 2.25 million posts in 20,000 threads, 40,000 gallery images and 220,000 gallery comments. Naturally a sensible admin wants to be sure a potential new software is capable of doing this smoothly without errors."
That's not an excuse for using the software unlicensed.

As it is, both you and he are in breach of the license terms.

My friend's response is this:
""Admin demos don't tell you how well a software will work on your own server, nor do they show you how well a conversion from a previous software will work. In this instance, the import will be of approximately 62,000 members, 2.25 million posts in 20,000 threads, 40,000 gallery images and 220,000 gallery comments. Naturally a sensible admin wants to be sure a potential new software is capable of doing this smoothly without errors."
In a situation like this, it'd really be preferable for your friend to contact us directly and we can look at working out an option to allow him to test without sharing a license in this way.

That's not an excuse for using the software unlicensed.

As it is, both you and he are in breach of the license terms.

In a situation like this, it'd really be preferable for your friend to contact us directly and we can look at working out an option to allow him to test without sharing a license in this way.

My friend has sent both of you a PM, and included me in it. I hope we can settle matters there.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom