Before buying some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbj

Hello,

I want to ask some questions about this software.

- Is Xenforo suitable without an extra cost for smartphones or tablets?

- I've seen that there are some addons for which we need to pay (resources), if we want to use them. My question is if most of the common and important addons are for free or not? I do not have the time to look for everything, so I ask.

- Is it easy to create our own styles for the forum? With our specific icons and colors?

- Are there any addons for twitter and facebook? How do they work?

Thanks in advance.

xenforo comes with mobile support (responsive)

It's a mixture of both, important/major add-ons are both free and paid but it's what is important to you and your site and you might get lucky in that it's a free resource.

Very easy to create styles with your own custom graphics and colours.

I'm quite sure there are many facebook and twitter add-ons, checkout the resource areas there's many to choose from.

Thank you for your kind help.

More questions:

- Is there a possibility to run this software for free like for 30 days?

- Are there any videos of how Xenforo looks on smartphones?

- For example here on the right side (main forum) there is a bar with some information (members online now). Can I tweak everything? For example I do not want this bar, would that be possible?

You can use the demo (hosted by XenForo) for 3 days.

If you resize your browser, you'll get the 'smartphone' look.

Yes, you can tweak the sidebar (remove it).

Reactions: sbj
Thanks again.

A serious question.

Why do I need to give my full name and my full address to you if I want to buy this software?

If I pay, I pay. For what do you need my name? Why can't I have a nickname for this account?

Thanks again.

A serious question.

Why do I need to give my full name and my full address to you if I want to buy this software?

If I pay, I pay. For what do you need my name? Why can't I have a nickname for this account?
Do you use a nickname when you send in registration software or your real name? Same basic principle I would imagine. Heck, I'm so "worried" about it I use my real name on the forum. :)

Basically I use everywhere where I can a nickname. It is not that I use VPN and hide my IP and am worried about something. But I do not understand why I should use my real name somewhere on the internet.

And the other thing is that this company does not deliver me something. For what do they need my full address?

Maybe because of EU regulations (tax or something) they need to know in which country I live, but full address?

I do not get it.

Thanks again.

A serious question.

Accountability.

If you live in the EU, legally you must pay VAT.

Billing accountability... The details must also match your credit / debit card / paypal account.

This policy is the same no matter if you purchase XenForo or any other forum software anywhere else.

Accountability.

If you live in the EU, legally you must pay VAT.

Billing accountability... The details must also match your credit / debit card / paypal account.

This policy is the same no matter if you purchase XenForo or any other forum software anywhere else.

Well, as I wrote, I can understand if they ask me in which country I live. This information is enough for VAT. Why my full address? This is not an explanation of it. Or just ask me if I live in the EU.

And I wanted to buy via paypal but I do not have a paypal account. I wanted to use from someone else. So my information will not match.

What do now? Your explanation makes no sense again.

The only people that learn your real name after you purchase is XenForo. You can continue to use your nickname, but since you are purchasing a product and signing a license agreement, a real name is legally required.

Can I see the legally part? I mean which law? Paragraph?

Legally the needed information will be there when I purchase it, for example bank transfer or paypal. There is already everything what you need.

So why does XenForo need my records? I really want to see that legal part of it.

2 days ago, really 2 days ago, I purchased via paypal a NBA international league pass.

No need for my address. Just an account on their website (where you are logged in) with your nickname. Ok in that account they ask for your name, but you can type whatever you want. It is an account.
The point is that you pay and your mail address.

So why does XenForo need my records? I really want to see that legal part of it.

2 days ago, really 2 days ago, I purchased via paypal a NBA international league pass.

No need for my address. Just an account on their website (where you are logged in) with your nickname. Ok in that account they ask for your name, but you can type whatever you want. It is an account.
The point is that you pay and your mail address.

Not everything is the same. Plus, as Jeremy mentioned, XenForo isn't the only place that does this.

Think of your home or car, for example. You had to provide legal information in order to obtain them. Well, it's the same case here.

I can also see it for accountability. Let's say there IS a way to track the code back to a certain license holder. A copy of the software gets released to the 'warez sites. The accountability would allow the software vendor (not necessarily xenForo in this case) an avenue for legal proceedings.
Simple matter is - if you don't want to provide the said information then I'm sure you don't have to - but they don't have to sell you the license either. Not trying to sound hard here, but if you want the product (and this applies to any product) then you have to comply with their requirements.

You aren't signing a legally binding agreement when you use the service for NBA League Pass. Courts and legalities function only with real information. If you feel the need, you can use the contact form and Ashley will respond to your inquiry.

Car: 100x more expensive.
House: 1000x more expensive.
Xenforo: is downloadable.

I get your analogy .. but .. :)
Price or access is irrelevant. Legal agreements require legal names and addresses.

Not everything is the same. Plus, as Jeremy mentioned, XenForo isn't the only place that does this.

Think of your home or car, for example. You had to provide legal information in order to obtain them. Well, it's the same case here.

Well, do not misunderstand me, but I do not care where else they do this same way.

And it is not the same case as buying a car or a house. It is more like buying pizza, shoes, water. Do you give them all your information?

This is a software, right? Like Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop. It is a software. Do you give them your full address when you buy it? All softwares sell the license for their product. For personal use or company use. This is not a reason to give them your data.

I can also see it for accountability. Let's say there IS a way to track the code back to a certain license holder. A copy of the software gets released to the 'warez sites. The accountability would allow the software vendor (not necessarily xenForo in this case) an avenue for legal proceedings.
Simple matter is - if you don't want to provide the said information then I'm sure you don't have to - but they don't have to sell you the license either. Not trying to sound hard here, but if you want the product (and this applies to any product) then you have to comply with their requirements.

Well, I really do want the product. But I am not conform. And it is not legal to say if you want to buy it then you must deal with it. All of the requirements must be legal. And I want to see that legal part of it. Why must I give them legally my complete data?

Well, do not misunderstand me, but I do not care where else they do this same way.

And it is not the same case as buying a car or a house. It is more like buying pizza, shoes, water. Do you give them all your information?

This is a software, right? Like Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop. It is a software. Do you give them your full address when you buy it? All softwares sell the license for their product. For personal use or company use. This is not a reason to give them your data.

Price or access is irrelevant. Legal agreements require legal names and addresses.

Car: 100x more expensive.
House: 1000x more expensive.
Xenforo: is downloadable.

I get your analogy .. but .. :)

His analogy is wrong btw. It is not the same even if we forget about the price problem.

You aren't signing a legally binding agreement when you use the service for NBA League Pass. Courts and legalities function only with real information. If you feel the need, you can use the contact form and Ashley will respond to your inquiry.

Ok. No problem. Can I see those legal agreements and laws which this is based on? Then is everything fine.

edit:

Ok, didn't see that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom