Before buying some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbj

Hello,

I want to ask some questions about this software.

- Is Xenforo suitable without an extra cost for smartphones or tablets?

- I've seen that there are some addons for which we need to pay (resources), if we want to use them. My question is if most of the common and important addons are for free or not? I do not have the time to look for everything, so I ask.

- Is it easy to create our own styles for the forum? With our specific icons and colors?

- Are there any addons for twitter and facebook? How do they work?

Thanks in advance.

Well, do not misunderstand me, but I do not care where else they do this same way.
Well, I really do want the product. But I am not conform. And it is not legal to say if you want to buy it then you must deal with it. All of the requirements must be legal. And I want to see that legal part of it. Why must I give them legally my complete data?
It's perfectly legal (and probably in all areas) for them to have the option to NOT sell it to you unless you agree with their compliance policies. There is nothing that says they have to sell it to you just because you WANT it. That's what has become wrong with society today - it's generated into a belief that individuals are owed something - and they aren't.
If you don't want to conform to their requirements - then don't purchase. myBB doesn't require it, SMF doesn't either nor does any of the other public domain softwares. I'm pretty sure that vB and IPB require the same process. When purchasing you are entering into a legal agreement with them (ergo the license) and that is the way they choose to identify you.

Ofcourse, they do not need to sell me because I want it. And common is that I must agree with it if I want to buy it.

You did not understand my point.

The thing is that in my opinion the policy is not legal. In my opinion they are not allowed to ask me for my whole data. Because everything is already saved on my credit card or paypal account. Else I could not buy. Anyway, the main point is the money. That is everything about. The rest is not really important.

Thanks all for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom