1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Be able to merge Users

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Jesepi, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to select 2 usernames and merge all posts/likes/ect into one. I would like to be able to pick which username the merge would leave as the single username.

Sometimes people have multiple logins for one reason or another. Being able to merge them is nice.
    goyo, shawn, Matthew Wright and 95 others like this.
  2. MrDeranged

MrDeranged Well-Known Member

This is definitely necessary. Many times we'll have users who sign up for "troll accounts" which when caught we merge into each other. It's sometimes fun to see users arguing with themselves once they're merged
    faeronsayn, jmurrayhead and dieketzer like this.
  3. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Yes agree with this too. Quite often I have a member return after some years and start a new profile because they changed email address - and then start posting on the new account - so have occasionally merged users back into one account.
    faeronsayn, Iversia and Alien like this.
  4. Kashif Kiyani

Kashif Kiyani Member

Must have option!
  5. Tim

Tim Active Member

I see this exact situation, or they just want to change their screen name. Most members know to contact me, but some don't and when I find out about it, I merge their accounts to keep accurate member numbers... as much as possible.
  6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

So the importer can merge users, but not the forum itself... hmm.. ironic :p
  7. Simon

Simon Active Member

This is a must option. :)
    Puntocom likes this.
  8. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I have liked this suggestion as well. It's been used several times since moving to IPB and using the Facebook connect feature that sometimes confuses members..

9. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Another +1 from me..... We do use it from time to time as well. Not as vital for me as perhaps other people (I'd rather have a working infraction style system), but defintely a would-be-nice feature.
  10. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

This is not in? Surprising. I definitely need this, so: supported!
    faeronsayn likes this.
  11. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

I also need this, supported!
  12. Wired

Wired Active Member

13. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

i like it...
    is essential ...
  14. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Was just looking for this, suprising this is not among user options.
  15. Matt51723

Matt51723 New Member

Is this available yet? Been looking around for a way to do this.
  16. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Why is this feature still missing? This and the ability to search for users by IP address are the biggest missing functions.
    Lone Wolf and Alien like this.
  17. Junior

Junior Well-Known Member

The software as everyone knows is still new. Sadly it can't be made the way everyone wants it overnight. I do agree with you thou; these features would be nice to have.
  18. swatme

swatme Well-Known Member

this is a must, top priority.

converting from phpbb
    admin account in phpbb and admin account in xf
    wants to merge.
  19. Crispy

Crispy Member

Absolute requirement for us to make the switch
  20. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can do that at import time.