Implemented Be able to merge Users

Jesepi

I'd like to be able to select 2 usernames and merge all posts/likes/ect into one. I would like to be able to pick which username the merge would leave as the single username.

Sometimes people have multiple logins for one reason or another. Being able to merge them is nice.

Upvote 100
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes agree with this too. Quite often I have a member return after some years and start a new profile because they changed email address - and then start posting on the new account - so have occasionally merged users back into one account.

Yes agree with this too. Quite often I have a member return after some years and start a new profile because they changed email address - and then start posting on the new account - so have occasionally merged users back into one account.

I see this exact situation, or they just want to change their screen name. Most members know to contact me, but some don't and when I find out about it, I merge their accounts to keep accurate member numbers... as much as possible.

I have liked this suggestion as well. It's been used several times since moving to IPB and using the Facebook connect feature that sometimes confuses members..

Jamie

Another +1 from me..... We do use it from time to time as well. Not as vital for me as perhaps other people (I'd rather have a working infraction style system), but defintely a would-be-nice feature.

I'd like to be able to select 2 usernames and merge all posts/likes/ect into one. I would like to be able to pick which username the merge would leave as the single username.

Sometimes people have multiple logins for one reason or another. Being able to merge them is nice.

This is not in? Surprising. I definitely need this, so: supported!

Why is this feature still missing? This and the ability to search for users by IP address are the biggest missing functions.

The software as everyone knows is still new. Sadly it can't be made the way everyone wants it overnight. I do agree with you thou; these features would be nice to have.

this is a must, top priority.

converting from phpbb
admin account in phpbb and admin account in xf
wants to merge.

converting from phpbb
admin account in phpbb and admin account in xf
wants to merge.
You can do that at import time.
XenForo does not permit the same name or email address to be used for more than one user, so you will be required to confirm what to do in the case of any affected users. The options available are to merge them or rename and change the email address.

http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

Top Bottom