• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sidebars included everywhere on my site and some templates have diffierent includes.
I like the sound of permissions though I was starting to do that anyway with conditionals.
This addon looks a bit fierce - I'm only html/ very basic css competent and cannot to PHP unless exact instructions given.

I have 3 main needs to cover in my sidebars:

1. Users online. I merge the users/ staff online blocks - how closely can I control this in a widget?
Can widgets show online users everywhere not just on front page? I saw this mentioned through the thread but not clear if it finally got done.
2. I put my own html navigation menu after users online and before site stats. Can I still do that?
(It has several small images in it)
3. I have a beautiful widget showing Earth and Moon from space. It's a code snippet insert with a link. Can I still have that?

You got a syntax error in that file. Well, you will have to edit that file again. This time remove everything from line 1116 to the end. Good luck ;)

Nope. it didn't work. Still broken, so i reverted the old situation. :(

There is a conflict between xenporta recentslider and widget framework tabs.

Nope. it didn't work. Still broken, so i reverted the old situation. :(

There is a conflict between xenporta recentslider and widget framework tabs.
There is a conflict between his javascript code with XenForo's, my add-on uses the standard XenForo tabs. I contacted him about this but he didn't find the problem and fix yet.

I have sidebars included everywhere on my site and some templates have diffierent includes.
I like the sound of permissions though I was starting to do that anyway with conditionals.
This addon looks a bit fierce - I'm only html/ very basic css competent and cannot to PHP unless exact instructions given.

I have 3 main needs to cover in my sidebars:

1. Users online. I merge the users/ staff online blocks - how closely can I control this in a widget?
Can widgets show online users everywhere not just on front page? I saw this mentioned through the thread but not clear if it finally got done.
2. I put my own html navigation menu after users online and before site stats. Can I still do that?
(It has several small images in it)
3. I have a beautiful widget showing Earth and Moon from space. It's a code snippet insert with a link. Can I still have that?
Hi there,

1. Not sure how you merged the blocks? Currently, they are 2 different widgets in this add-on so you can't merge. And yes, online users can be shown anywhere (it does that from the beginning fyi).
2. Yes. Use the HTML widget
3. Do the same as with number 2.

Probably missed this, since search isn't bringing it up, and nearly two dozen pages of comments is a lot of ground to cover.

Your description of a current version of this product lists these widgets:

+ [Forum List Only] [GP] Donations
+ [Forum List Only] TaigaChat
+ xfShout
I don't see them. What did I miss. I'm using the latest version of your add-on as of yesterday's download, which I assume is a few weeks old?

Also, are you perhaps planning some other useful additions, such as member birthdays?

Probably missed this, since search isn't bringing it up, and nearly two dozen pages of comments is a lot of ground to cover.

Sorry, those widgets are removed earlier (version 1.0.7) because of some conflict with other developers. I will update the description now.
Also, the birthday widget is planned

Any idea when we'll see the birthday widget?

I hope for a simple text-based display. I didn't like the avatar system that Ragtek used.

How about at least putting the name and, if indicated, age of the member after the avatar if it must be avatars? The other add-on required you to mouseover, which is just foolish.

Sorry if the question was already made: i want to hide widgets from unregistered users, for some it was easy using template syntax:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

WIDGET

<xen:else />

But for recent threads doesn't work.

FOr me there seems to be some problems with the widgits. It makes the Personal Details profile page wierd and also the full editor when you're editing or posting topics.​

This is such a great project, preferable to other sidebar widget projects, because it's by design extensible.

Now I wish that we had somebody write that nice 3d word-cloud widget for this framework :)

I can not find language phrase "messages" in top poster widget for translation.I also noticed that the language phrases do not load properly. Is there a possibility that the title of the widget can be incorporated into the translation of xenforo?

Perhaps someone can answer a question I have.
I have tried the search function on this thread but not convinced I have found the answer.

Was a Recent Post created for this widget?

Thanks for your help
:)

Perhaps someone can answer a question I have.
I have tried the search function on this thread but not convinced I have found the answer.

Was a Recent Post created for this widget?

Thanks for your help

Recent Posts, Threads, Popular Posts... You can set them up.

Thanks yavuz, I am not good with things like this, but I will give it a try.

Perhaps a more appropriate question would have been,... Has no one developed the code for such a thing and have they posted it already?

Thanks yavuz, I am not good with things like this, but I will give it a try.

Perhaps a more appropriate question would have been,... Has no one developed the code for such a thing and have they posted it already?

These functions are built-in when you create a widget the options will appear. I hope that answers it.

Thank you again sir, much appreciated.
Will report back and let you know of my progress, or lack there of.

I have an issue with the Poll widget...you vote, it shows the results but when you refresh the page it goes back to showing the poll choices again and not the reults as you have already voted.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom