• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the threads module enabled and if a new user signs up and doesn't upload/select an avatar then the threads module displays a missing image where the avatar should be. IOW, it is not picking up the default avatar.
Reported this some time ago but got no reply.. indeed it still happens.

I have the threads module enabled and if a new user signs up and doesn't upload/select an avatar then the threads module displays a missing image where the avatar should be. IOW, it is not picking up the default avatar.

Doesn't appear to only affect new users. It may have something to do with the caching? E.g. A thread that was on the recent thread list and the avatar was working (for the thread starter), I replied, the avatar (for the thread starter) is now not working.

Actually, it's using the avatar timestamp from the replier but the user id from the thread starter. E.g.

Thread starter avatar is: 24564.jpg?1292014604 and is displayed fine when they create the post.
My avatar is: 35.jpg?1302024109

When I reply, it attempts to load an avatar at: 24564.jpg?1302024109

Which is a mash of the two people's avatars. Clearly it should be the avatar of the replier not the thread starter and definitely not mash the two together :)

Aha, it's because the extension to XenForo_Model_Thread grabs the avatar information for the last poster over the top of the thread starter. So you end up with user_id / username of the thread starter and avatar_date / gravatar of the replier.

If you find:

PHP:
                $selectFields .= ',
                    user.avatar_date, user.gravatar';

In WidgetFramework/Extend/Model/Thread.php (it's around line 57) and replace it with:

PHP:
$selectFields .= ',
user.avatar_date, user.gravatar, user.user_id, user.username';

Then it'll cause it to put the last poster user_id / username over the top of the thread starter as well.

Aha, it's because the extension to XenForo_Model_Thread grabs the avatar information for the last poster over the top of the thread starter. So you end up with user_id / username of the thread starter and avatar_date / gravatar of the replier.

If you find:

PHP:
                $selectFields .= ',

In WidgetFramework/Extend/Model/Thread.php (it's around line 57) and replace it with:

PHP:
$selectFields .= ',

Then it'll cause it to put the last poster user_id / username over the top of the thread starter as well.

Fixed that annoying problem, thank you so much!

If you find:

PHP:
                $selectFields .= ',

PHP:
$selectFields .= ',

I'm having a similar issue with the Recent Threads (New Reply) though, any ideas on how to fix that?

Thank you for your hard work on this, I certainly hope it's considered in a future update of this brilliant add-on. I did however, have to make some adjustments to get it working, with the help of a previous post from xfrocks..

First, I was getting an error that I didn't have [LN] Blog installed when trying to add the widget. So I changed the $found check (I'm sure you'll tell me if this is incorrect!). Second, no entries were being displayed, so I borrowed some code from this post. Finally, as mentioned in that post - the widget can be used anywhere, so I changed a couple of things.

This is the file I'm running, working perfectly!

Attachments

I am unsure if this is a mod or XF thing but when a moderated post (from a guest) gets deleted and removed from public view, everyone can still see the post in recent threads widget.

ATM this is all the info I have but if needed I am sure I could supply more info if my description is unclear.

[Bug ?]
When there is a poll and the pollwidget is actice, its shown. Great.
But when the poll is closed, and there is no other poll, it´s allways shown.
I think, it must be cleared, because if there comes no other poll in the meantime, it shoes the
old poll forever ;)
Or have I something missed?

I tried to fix this myself but I don't handle XF programming very well...
Currenrtly, recent replies shows new threads (with 0 replies).
This is a bit weird, especially as it means new htreads will appear in both new rpelies and new threads.

Can this be fixed ? I looked at the code and ti seems $threadModel->getThreads( cannot take a number of replies as argument. ( in widgetframework/widgetrenderer/thread.php )

Any pointer to help me fix that problem ? EVen a partial solution or idea would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom