• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
this does not work on my site. the widget (html) is shown only in the sidebaron first position.
rolleyes.png
uhm: check if there's the clear sidebar widget activated with the same template position, if so uncheck the active flag...
If not, I have not ideas about which could be the reason...
In my test website, html widget displays after XP modules on the right sidebar.

im sorry if this has been posted already but i have an issue. Using the recent threads widget, no matter what you are, you can see threads made in forums people are not suppose to see. For example, in a private forum, if i log off, it will show the thread title in the recent threads widget. When you click on it it denies you but i dont want them to see the title period. Any help is greatly appreciated

im sorry if this has been posted already but i have an issue. Using the recent threads widget, no matter what you are, you can see threads made in forums people are not suppose to see. For example, in a private forum, if i log off, it will show the thread title in the recent threads widget. When you click on it it denies you but i dont want them to see the title period. Any help is greatly appreciated

Are you sure you don't have the page cached? I'm pretty sure I have seen the exact opposite of what you are saying.

thanks, very very nice.

for a future option with the poll addon, I'd like to use it on forum_view & instead of it grabbing the most recent poll from all forums, I'd like it to limit it to the most recent poll in the current forum $forum. if no poll is available in the current forum, it would just skip rendering the widget.

to accomplish without editing any code I'd have to add a poll widget for each forum manually specifying the newest poll id for that forum & use the expression field to limit each one by forum id. then i'd have to update it w/ each new poll. it's way too much

i just tried making an edited copy of the WidgetRenderer/poll.php that would handle it all for me but when i uploaded it, it didn't appear in the add widget/renderer dropdown. still haven't found how I'm suppose to import my new widget type. I know there are direction in the first post but i'm no developer & it all went right over my head.

anyway, thanks. it's killer.

i just tried making an edited copy of the WidgetRenderer/poll.php that would handle it all for me but when i uploaded it, it didn't appear in the add widget/renderer dropdown. still haven't found how I'm suppose to import my new widget type. I know there are direction in the first post but i'm no developer & it all went right over my head.

You can test your new widget renderer by editing the file WidgetFramework/Core.php, method _registerDefaultRenderers. Just add your renderer class name at the bottom of that list. Hope this helps

Are you sure you don't have the page cached? I'm pretty sure I have seen the exact opposite of what you are saying.

nope. i have tried all the options and it still does it. i can post in a forum that guest can not see and when i logg off, it will show the topic of that thread in the list. if i click on it, it will say i dont have access but i just dont want anything to show up. if you go to www.lcnsoldiers.net/forum and scroll down on the sidebar you will see all the threads show up. What am i doing wrong

nope. i have tried all the options and it still does it. i can post in a forum that guest can not see and when i logg off, it will show the topic of that thread in the list. if i click on it, it will say i dont have access but i just dont want anything to show up. if you go to www.lcnsoldiers.net/forum and scroll down on the sidebar you will see all the threads show up. What am i doing wrong

Did you select forums for the widget? If you select the forums by yourself, that will override the permission check and the widget will always get threads from the selected forums.

Did you select forums for the widget? If you select the forums by yourself, that will override the permission check and the widget will always get threads from the selected forums.

no i had nothing selected. I removed the widget and re added it and it still does it. I found out that if you log in as a regular member, it changes what you see. For example my one user can see my private forum. he could see the title before loggin in. Once he logs in, it goes away and he only sees what he should see. Once he logs out it still stays the same where he cant see it. I then wondered if it had something to do with my cookies. Deleted them and still the same. I logged onto the site with my gf cell phone and it still shows all the forums in the list. I am confused on whats going on.

ok here is some more findings. If i go to tools and rebuild the cache it will fix it. However if i log into my username which is admin and then log out, it goes back to showing everything. On my cellphone as just being a unregistered guest, when i rebuild the cache it will correct the issue and only show the guest section. but once i log into my admin account on my computer, if i refresh from my cell phone (as still a guest) it will then show everything again on the list. Its almost like its tied into the admin account and whatever the admin does, it will show. For example again, if i restrict the admin group from viewing a section, it will remove that from the list as well as the list that unregistered guest see. Wierd?

Could you add a blogs widget as well? :)
Your link is 403 ;)

ok here is some more findings. If i go to tools and rebuild the cache it will fix it. However if i log into my username which is admin and then log out, it goes back to showing everything. On my cellphone as just being a unregistered guest, when i rebuild the cache it will correct the issue and only show the guest section. but once i log into my admin account on my computer, if i refresh from my cell phone (as still a guest) it will then show everything again on the list. Its almost like its tied into the admin account and whatever the admin does, it will show. For example again, if i restrict the admin group from viewing a section, it will remove that from the list as well as the list that unregistered guest see. Wierd?
I think you caught a bug. I'm looking into it now

Found a bit of an odd problem ... Added the recent posts and seem to get random wrong avatars are the sides of other peoples usernames
confused.png

Gotta say though the idea for this mod is excellent m8 ..

Are you sure that this works?

ATM i have 30 queries on the index page
when i deactive the addon => 25 queries

so there are 5 new queries;)

about caching...aren't the new thread/new posts-widget aso also cached? Tried the addon on a testsystem (using xcache) and frontpage was slowed down additional 5-7 secs compared to normal on every page reload (~100k threads/ ~600k posts in total).

Installed but seems not show up. Tried add taigachat and latest thread to forum_list, it not shows up.

Installed but seems not show up. Tried add taigachat and latest thread to forum_list, it not shows up.
Make sure you have their display order larger than 1 (because the "Clear" widget will clear everything before it)

I love the 3 tabbed option but the font size for the tabs is a bit too big - it's pushing the third tab under the other two instead of alongside them.

Could anyone tell me how can I alter the font size used in the tabs please?

Regards,
Renada

I love the 3 tabbed option but the font size for the tabs is a bit too big - it's pushing the third tab under the other two instead of alongside them.

Could anyone tell me how can I alter the font size used in the tabs please?

Regards,
Renada
Three tab option, I thought that disappeared after the last update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom