• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did the upgrade to 1.0.1 and I get this,
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.0.54 Server at www.mysite.com Port 80

After the first time, disabled it and went and deleted all widgets and then enabled it again and it same thing. It is now disabled :(

I just did the upgrade to 1.0.1 and I get this,

After the first time, disabled it and went and deleted all widgets and then enabled it again and it same thing. It is now disabled :(
Please try removing the library/WidgetFramework directory before reuploading it

Javascrip doesn't work and I'm being redirected to my front page. I've checked the js files and reuploaded just to make sure.

Update 2: Just confirmed that it's interfering with TagiaChat (custom edit). Even when I remove the tabs aren't clickable. My tagiachat is above the forums, I removed the custom edit and created a widget for tagiachat it doesn't appear as well as the tabs are working.

I'm pretty sure the tab works out of the box but it's hard to tell when you have custom edits. Also, which version of TaigaChat are you using? Can I have a look? (Send me the site via Conversation please)

Great !
but I add Poll but not show if I put an ID , no ID -> show
TigiaChat is not showing to

Great addon ...
I hope it will work with :
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)
I confirm the problem with Poll. Will have a fix soon. Which version of TaigaChat are you using? Probaby he changed something? It's tested to work with XenPorta

I'm pretty sure the tab works out of the box but it's hard to tell when you have custom edits. Also, which version of TaigaChat are you using? Can I have a look? (Send me the site via Conversation please)

I confirm the problem with Poll. Will have a fix soon. Which version of TaigaChat are you using? Probaby he changed something? It's tested to work with XenPorta

I reversed the changes that I've made to forum_list. The only line thats in there is for taiga chat whowing above forums. My board has the latest version installed.

8. Conditional HTML. Test a PHP expression and display HTML on sidebar
can someone explain how to use this step by step. Im new to this and it would be greatly helpful

1. AdminCP -> Appearance -> Add Widget
2. In the Renderer dropdown, select HTML
3. In the HTML textbox, enter:
Code:
<b>Hello world! I drink, therefore I am!</b>
4. Leave tab-group blank.
5. In the expression textbox, enter a valid expression. I.e.
Code:
1 == 1
. This should be a valid PHP expression. The one I supplied will always evaluate to true, causing the widget to show. You can also use it to look for variables as long as those variables are available in the template you will define in a minute (step 8).
6. Leave the checkbox unchecked.
7. In the title textbox, enter a title for the widget. I.e. "Hello World".
8. In the Position textbox, select the template you wish to display the widget in. I.e. forum_list.
9. Select a position where the widget should show up. Enter the number 1 here to have it show up at the top.
10. Ensure the checkbox "Widget is active" is set to yes.

Save, and you're done.

If everything went well, you will now see the widget on your forum list (i.e. the tab marked as Forums, or whichever name you phrased it with).

Go back to the widget, and change the expression from
Code:
 1 == 1
to
Code:
 1 == 2
. Refresh the forum list page, and the widget will dissappear.

HTH.

Cant seem to get the share one to work

Title:Share This Page!
Position:forum_list
Display Order:3

Yet it just will not show, Am i missing something here?
Thanks

1. AdminCP -> Appearance -> Add Widget
2. In the Renderer dropdown, select HTML
3. In the HTML textbox, enter:
Code:
<b>Hello world! I drink, therefore I am!</b>
4. Leave tab-group blank.
5. In the expression textbox, enter a valid expression. I.e.
Code:
1 == 1
. This should be a valid PHP expression. The one I supplied will always evaluate to true, causing the widget to show. You can also use it to look for variables as long as those variables are available in the template you will define in a minute (step 8).
6. Leave the checkbox unchecked.
7. In the title textbox, enter a title for the widget. I.e. "Hello World".
8. In the Position textbox, select the template you wish to display the widget in. I.e. forum_list.
9. Select a position where the widget should show up. Enter the number 1 here to have it show up at the top.
10. Ensure the checkbox "Widget is active" is set to yes.

Save, and you're done.

If everything went well, you will now see the widget on your forum list (i.e. the tab marked as Forums, or whichever name you phrased it with).

Go back to the widget, and change the expression from
Code:
 1 == 1
to
Code:
 1 == 2
. Refresh the forum list page, and the widget will dissappear.

HTH.
thank you!!!!!!

Hmm... On further inspection, "top threads" (based on views) doesn't seem to work. It doesn't work either as tabs or as its own block. When putting new threads and top threads in its own tab group only new threads are showing. When changing top threads to latest threads, both are showing.

Hmm... On further inspection, "top threads" (based on views) doesn't seem to work. It doesn't work either as tabs or as its own block. When putting new threads and top threads in its own tab group only new threads are showing. When changing top threads to latest threads, both are showing.

Have you configured the cutoff option for Popular widget? My recommendation is 7

Have you configured the cutoff option for Popular widget? My recommendation is 7
I see! I figured it could be that it automatically removes the tab if no threads have been posted for X days.

Actually, the cutoff doesn't work. It always defaults back to 5 days, no matter what I input or how I save it.

I see! I figured it could be that it automatically removes the tab if no threads have been posted for X days.

Actually, the cutoff doesn't work. It always defaults back to 5 days, no matter what I input or how I save it.

My bad. Please open library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Threads.php, line 46

PHP:
			if (empty($optioNValue)) $optionValue = 5;

Replace it with

PHP:
			if (empty($optionValue)) $optionValue = 5;

My fingers don't work well sometimes. Sorry for that

The original side bars are shown. http://www.flytyingbug.com/forum/
As I checked your page's source code. The sidebar is currently rendered by the Widget Framework. You can test by enable/disable widgets. In this case, you probably set the display order too low. Try something like 100 to see if your widget shows up (any widgets with display order lower than the Clear widget's will be cleared/hidden)

As I checked your page's source code. The sidebar is currently rendered by the Widget Framework. You can test by enable/disable widgets. In this case, you probably set the display order too low. Try something like 100 to see if your widget shows up (any widgets with display order lower than the Clear widget's will be cleared/hidden)
Thanks xfrocks, it is working now!
biggrin.png
I deleted everything again and installed the new files(1.0.3) and it all works. :) How do you get the three tab thread widget now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom