• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Widget Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be technically possible to create a group of widgets, then assign them as a group to multiple templates?
or perhaps list multiple templates in the position field?
if so, is this functionality that you may add in the near future?
OMG, I have just added that feature yesterday! (The multi templates in position field idea)

Absolutely love your effort, xfrocks.
Only issue I have so far is, that I'm not a PHP coder and I can't figure how to add a simple widget using static HTML only.
Have tried to do so by using the "Conditional HTML" widget type and entering "Hello World" to the HTML box while the Expression box remains empty. This results in "Syntax Error" in the new widget box when I switch on "Print error message instead of ignoring it".

Every help much appreciated.

Absolutely love your effort, xfrocks.
Only issue I have so far is, that I'm not a PHP coder and I can't figure how to add a simple widget using static HTML only.
Have tried to do so by using the "Conditional HTML" widget type and entering "Hello World" to the HTML box while the Expression box remains empty. This results in "Syntax Error" in the new widget box when I switch on "Print error message instead of ignoring it".

Every help much appreciated.
Well, please enter "true" in the conditional and it should work well. Or "1" will work too

Cool! You saved my day.
This simple answer made me understand, what "Expression" is good for.
Might be a good idea to add this to the short description below the Expression box. :)

Cheers,
Martin

Any updates on this addon? Apparantly, taigachat and donations haven't been added yet in the current release, so I'm looking forward to it.

Any updates on this addon? Apparantly, taigachat and donations haven't been added yet in the current release, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm a little busy atm. Can't release a broken thing so please be patient :D I expect it in the next couple of days

I love this mod. Of course, I don't run XF in a live environment at the moment but I can see how useful this mod is.

The thing that really sticks in my throat is static sidebars - I am just not a fan. I feel that static, never changing sidebar layouts become just as invisible as static advert positions.

What would REALLY make this mod exciting, at least for me and lots of others, is the ability to define 'per widget', which nodes they appear on, or not appear on. This will allow a forum section or other node to carry relevant content [widgets] for that specific section and not be tied into reusing a sidebar generically site wide. This would seem a natural add-on progression.

Hope this idea makes it into the addon at some stage, it will be needed at some stage by more and more people. This is already possible in vB4's everywhere sidebar mod.

To be even more flexible, and to go one step further than the vB mod already mentioned, you could allow a widget's visibility based on usergroup also.

Anyway, as someone who doesn't even run XF on a live site feel free to take or leave my suggestions as you see fit. Either way, cracking mod - well done xfrocks!

To be even more flexible, and to go one step further than the vB mod already mentioned, you could allow a widget's visibility based on usergroup also.

The conditional widget can check the usergroup by itself anyway. But yeah, it's an interesting idea.

i drop here my idea:
I'm viewing a post on node ONE: I'd like to display on the sidebar only the new/recent/popular post of node ONE ..and so on.

So in my opinion this is a way, for example, to prompt the people coming from google to look at more pages of your board...
The example is simple: "DO you like this thread in the section Economics? So maybe you will like also these threads of the same field!"

8. Conditional HTML. Test a PHP expression and display HTML on sidebar
can someone explain how to use this step by step. Im new to this and it would be greatly helpful

Hello everyone, the addon has just been updated. The change logs can be found in the 2nd post

I just updated xfrocks, when the addon is active the sidebar disappears (I deactivated the sidebar_clean option).I thought it was a coockie issue in Firefox but this happens in Chrome also.

I just updated xfrocks, when the addon is active the sidebar disappears (I deactivated the sidebar_clean option).I thought it was a coockie issue in Firefox but this happens in Chrome also.
i have deleted all widgets and readded them had have the same result.
activating this addon seems to do nothing more than clear all sideblocks, no matter what the settings.

i upgrade but i have always the same error a blank page i tried to put "all" as position for "clear sidebar" and no ways to make it work :(

Update: i ininstalled the xml the i reuploaded and it word but when we update the plugins i dont ;)

The sidebar problem was fixed, thanks for the quick fix xfrocks. I created a tab group but can't swich between tabs

caps.webp

http://www.site.com/#widget-tab-6 (Konu -Threads)
http://www.site.com/#widget-tab-7 (Mesaj - Posts)
http://www.site.com/#widget-tab-7 (Popüler - Popular)

Javascrip doesn't work and I'm being redirected to my front page. I've checked the js files and reuploaded just to make sure.

Update 2: Just confirmed that it's interfering with TagiaChat (custom edit). Even when I remove the tabs aren't clickable. My tagiachat is above the forums, I removed the custom edit and created a widget for tagiachat it doesn't appear as well as the tabs are working.

Great !
but I add Poll but not show if I put an ID , no ID -> show
TigiaChat is not showing to

Great addon ...
I hope it will work with :
[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom