• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Tag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason why this isn't working? I want to re-add the @ symbol, so new users know how to trigger it.
It's working on gamerbb.net. If you want the @ symbol, just don't untick it in the adminCP and it'll show just fine. There's another option where it says custom URL or something. Switching it to custom URL should work if it isn't working for you right now. I happened to have the exact same issue with you earlier but it's all solved :)

any reason why this isn't working? I want to re-add the @ symbol, so new users know how to trigger it.
Did you set the option correctly? After setting it, you may need to post it / test it again. Old posts won't be updated to the new format.

It's working on gamerbb.net. If you want the @ symbol, just don't untick it in the adminCP and it'll show just fine. There's another option where it says custom URL or something. Switching it to custom URL should work if it isn't working for you right now. I happened to have the exact same issue with you earlier but it's all solved :)

Did you set the option correctly? After setting it, you may need to post it / test it again. Old posts won't be updated to the new format.

just realised it was conflicting with BB Code Manager. disabled User Tag and the @ symbol is now showing.

It seems that if I'm alerted for a post, and tagged in that post, then it'll trigger two alerts. One alert for the reply, and another alert for the tag.

Yeah, just never noticed before. It'd be better to stop the alert for the thread reply if you've been tagged in it IMO.

Yeah, just never noticed before. It'd be better to stop the alert for the thread reply if you've been tagged in it IMO.
Indeed it would. Something like "You've Been tagged in {Post}" and that be the end of it

I am having an issue with this add on. It is installed and working properly as far as tagging. The issue I am having is that it is not sending a notification when someone is tagged. Any idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was being lazy and C+P a name and it didn't work. Typing it out worked fine. thanks so much for this add on!

I am having an issue with this add on. It is installed and working properly as far as tagging. The issue I am having is that it is not sending a notification when someone is tagged. Any idea on how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I was being lazy and C+P a name and it didn't work. Typing it out worked fine. thanks so much for this add on!
well that is a major problem imo. i would expect many people to c&p usernames, particularly long usernames.
i will test to see if this is true on my board as well. i hope it isnt.

If you C&P it into the WYSIWYG editor, you are likely to have copied a link and that's probably why it's not working; I always just switch to the BBCode editor for c&p'ing usernames, works fine :)

Thank you but I have a question. Working with user profiles like Twitter? If it looks like Twitter, one more feature that will be awesome to use the member profile.

How difficult would it be to have a custom user field saying nickname and have the tag pickup that so that tagging becomes slightly easier since we don't have an auto prompt option.

i.e say username is SREG342 and he sets a nickname as mike. Now obviously Mike is much easier to type out than SREG342 while its still not auto prompt it bridges somewhat of the drawback of impossible usernames?

How difficult would it be to have a custom user field saying nickname and have the tag pickup that so that tagging becomes slightly easier since we don't have an auto prompt option.

i.e say username is SREG342 and he sets a nickname as mike. Now obviously Mike is much easier to type out than SREG342 while its still not auto prompt it bridges somewhat of the drawback of impossible usernames?
Sounds impractical for me. Anyway, new version is coming (mostly for the RM) and we will see :)

I know its a little round the mulberry bush, but my users are a bit psychotic with their usernames and they also insist on the tagging thus I was wondering. You know how it works :)

It would be cool if you'd consider :D Also if its an easy adaptation and you can nudge me in the right direction perhaps I can give it a shot on my own too. But thanks for responding either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom