• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] Tag Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlighted feature
  1. Alert up on tagged
  2. Accept multiple words username (just use the simple @hello world and it will find out you want to tag user "hello word")
  3. Smart enough to not interfere with URL tags
an example, userID 7 = username sami
userID 9 = username sami yontem
what will be if i want to tag sami yontem (which is userID = 9)

an example, userID 7 = username sami
userID 9 = username sami yontem
what will be if i want to tag sami yontem (which is userID = 9)
You can now do that in version beta 2 (I have just released)

Attachments

• screenshot 2.webp
    screenshot 2.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 39
That is actually untrue

View attachment 10956
Probably a bug or some option prevented the addon to work. If you are interested in solving it, feel free to start a conversation and send me information about your site.

How hard would it be to add it so that if you type the @ symbol a little list pops up like on facebook going through your usernames as you type?
Too complicated with my Javascript skill :D

Working great on my forum. The comma prevents it to work. So if I use @username, it will not work but @username , with a space after username, it will work.

Working great on my forum. The comma prevents it to work. So if I use @username, it will not work but @username , with a space after username, it will work.
Yeah that is the only downside since almost 90% of my scenarios it's @bob, yeah I know what you mean ;).

But damn this alone makes Xenforo worth every penny!!!

Too complicated with my Javascript skill :D
Can you upgrade your add on so that @username; @username: @username- will also work

I think, add (;:-()+- etc) to a black list so they can work with the tags. These are special characters that you can't use in the username itself. For example, you can use . in the username like my username but you can't use ,

Can you upgrade your add on so that @username; @username: @username- will also work

I think, add (;:-()+- etc) to a black list so they can work with the tags. These are special characters that you can't use in the username itself. For example, you can use . in the username like my username but you can't use ,
I'm not sure about special character, but you can experiment it yourself by open bdTagMe/DataWriter/DiscussionMessagePost.php, line 11 edit it to something like this

PHP:
				if ($matched = preg_match('/(\s|^)@([^\s\(\),\.:;]+)/',$value,$matches,PREG_OFFSET_CAPTURE,$offset)) {

This looks excellent .. Just one question from me ... If I have 2 users, one called Marc and one called Marc A and I type "IS @Marc A DEVELOPER" would it tag correct one which would in this case be the user "Marc" ?

This looks excellent .. Just one question from me ... If I have 2 users, one called Marc and one called Marc A and I type "IS @Marc A DEVELOPER" would it tag correct one which would in this case be the user "Marc" ?
Nope, in this case it will recognize Marc A (always the user with longest username)

kk ... cheers for the quick reply ... and excellent idea for a hack m8 :) Will be using this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom