Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
I can't seem to get the e-mail alerts to work. I have a test account and I tag it but no email alert. I use the test account and tag my account and no email alert. Have email alerts set in contact details for both accounts.....???

I can't seem to get the e-mail alerts to work. I have a test account and I tag it but no email alert. I use the test account and tag my account and no email alert. Have email alerts set in contact details for both accounts.....???
Have you switched on email alerts in the Tag Me options in the ACP?

huh...seems to be working now

I think the issue is that my account is subscribed to all forums, so whenever a reply goes out, I get an e-mail for that reply. If the reply also contains a tag, I don't get a separate reply. Also I'm logged in to one browser and tagging my account via the test account in a separate browser. So maybe that's why.

Question: if I set user group A (with 150 users) to taggable, and then allow user group B permissions to tag groups, does group B have to be able to tag at least 150 users in order for the tag alert to be sent? Or is is treated as a single tag?

Question: if I set user group A (with 150 users) to taggable, and then allow user group B permissions to tag groups, does group B have to be able to tag at least 150 users in order for the tag alert to be sent? Or is is treated as a single tag?
It is treated as 150 tags. The first few will be sent out, depending on group B limit.
Btw, regrading email, please check that you have "Receive email when name is mentioned" enabled in your account Contacts page.

Yes everything is set correctly. The issue was that first, if you are watching a thread and someone tags you in it, you get an email alert for the reply but not the tag, which I guess makes sense, but if the point is to really get someone's attention, a separate email would be nice...but I think that's a core thing, not the addon. So this addon is still very useful to alert someone to their tagging in a thread they have not looked at. VERY useful for that.

I haven't checked to see if I am seeing the issue that has been previously mentioned about new group users not getting an email on the group tag, I'm assuming this has not been fixed?

is it possible to only allow members of certain groups to tag said group?...lets say i have group A and group B ... both taggable...and both can tag groups...but i dont want them to tag each others

is that possible?

is it possible to only allow members of certain groups to tag said group?...lets say i have group A and group B ... both taggable...and both can tag groups...but i dont want them to tag each others

is that possible?
No. User groups with the group tagging permission can tag all groups that are taggable.

kBFQdSbesz.png

Running an older XF build, but I can't recall seeing any fix.
Only the latest release (3.1.0) of Tag Me fixes this bug.

@xfrocks I've just discovered that the Tag Me add-on changes the precedence of alerts in watched threads that I thought was a XenForo bug and Reported here:

Not a Bug - Mention alert for watched thread received rather than reply alert

When watching a thread, if you are tagged in a post then you should receive a tag alert as it takes precedence over a reply alert. However with Tag Me installed it's the reply alert that is received.

Tag Me shouldn't really change this. Could we therefore have an update to rectify this?

Thanks.

Tag Me shouldn't really change this. Could we therefore have an update to rectify this?
This is a side-affect of how Tag Me doesn't integrate with the standard XenForo user tagging, and runs it's user mentions alert generation after the reply alerts.

Out of curiosity is your PR only for cleaning code purposes or does it fixes issues (notably some ppl in usergroup tagging not receiving notifications for example)? I'm curious.
Just minor code cleanup. I ended up writing my own usergroup tagging addon to integrate better with XenForo tagging (preserve user mention alerts occurring before reply alerts)

Hey @xfrocks I created a thread and tagged all main usergroups: administrative, registered, moderating

They're also all taggable in the usergroup settings. However, no emails / alerts went out for them. Did I do something wrong here?

Is there any way to limit who can tag a taggable user group? I would like to limit to one or two users who can tag each user group.

Thanks

Top Bottom