Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Yes, there's a user group permission for this.

I would appreciate some help understanding these permissions.

I see these options when editing a groups permission

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 2.09.09 PM.webp
I believe this first option simply makes the group taggable.

Then I believe this determines whether or not a user can tag any group

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 2.11.31 PM.webp

I believe those are the only options but I hope that I am missing additional options or misunderstanding how they work.

I have a user group that I want every forum member to be able to tag. Now I am creating several new user groups for which I would like to limit tagging to a few specific users per group.

My understanding of how the options above work is that I can remove the ability to tag groups from all users then add the privilege back for a select group of users who can tag all taggable user groups. I am hoping for much more granular control of tagging.

Thanks

The user group permission allows users of that group to tag all taggable user groups. You can't have group tagging of just some taggable groups and not other taggable groups.

I'm not sure what else you want? That's how it works.

You can give a select group of users in secondary user groups the ability to tag taggable groups. I assumed you knew how XenForo permissions work. If not, this resource explains in detail.

Implementing permissions across multiple user groups

I would like to be able to allow all users to tag some taggable user groups while other taggable user groups would only be taggable by certain users. I believe this would need to be implemented in the add-on and is not supported currently.

Hey @xfrocks I created a thread and tagged all main usergroups: administrative, registered, moderating

They're also all taggable in the usergroup settings. However, no emails / alerts went out for them. Did I do something wrong here?

Would appreciate any assistance on this. Thank you.

I have set the permissions for a couple of groups to be taggable, I am in a usergroup with permissions to tag, so I'm missing something very obvious. How do you actually tag a usergroup?

I try typing @usergroup or @user_group but nothing happens, no selection box or anything

I have noticed that if you are watching a thread and would normally receive an alert for the reply containing the tag, you only receive the normal email. Is that what you are talking about @Bob_R ?

Top Bottom