Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
@xfrocks: Two issues with 3.2.0 on XF 1.5.4:

A recipient will get a blank alert if they are mentioned in a profile post reply.

upload_2015-12-24_23-6-53-png.124680

upload_2015-12-24_23-7-4-png.124681

I can't seem to tag registered users - everyone else is fine. Permissions are correct.
Getting this too.

For now I've had to remove this add-on.

Not sure if this has been answered before. I had a member that has been inactive for over a year and wanted to tag him. it would not pop up his name to do this. is the tags restricted by days inactive at all? if it is can i increase the inactive time before they stopped getting tagged?

To test i posted as said member and then deleted the post, 5 mins later i could then tag him in the post.

Not sure if this has been answered before. I had a member that has been inactive for over a year and wanted to tag him. it would not pop up his name to do this. is the tags restricted by days inactive at all? if it is can i increase the inactive time before they stopped getting tagged?

To test i posted as said member and then deleted the post, 5 mins later i could then tag him in the post.
The tagging pop-up shows users who have been active in the last 6 months. Do note that you can still tag anyone though. This feature is based on Xenforo's core implementation of mentions (as they are now called). The pop-up only displaying active users was implemented in XenForo 1.4.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/miscellaneous-improvements.78446/

The tagging pop-up shows users who have been active in the last 6 months. Do note that you can still tag anyone though. This feature is based on Xenforo's core implementation of mentions (as they are now called). The pop-up only displaying active users was implemented in XenForo 1.4.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/miscellaneous-improvements.78446/
oh ok so even if I did the tag and it wasn't in the pop up it would still tag them. its just the pop up show users active within 6 months. i get you, perfect. I thought I was going mad for a moment.

No, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Are you saying it sometimes doesn't work with new posts or when adding it to edited posts? Just curious. Because it has never worked when adding it to edited posts—at least not for me (even with previous XF versions)—only new posts. Using it with new posts it still works fine for me with XF 1.5.

No, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Are you saying it sometimes doesn't work with new posts or when adding it to edited posts? Just curious. Because it has never worked when adding it to edited posts—at least not for me (even with previous XF versions)—only new posts. Using it with new posts it still works fine for me with XF 1.5.
Last I checked, the group alerts worked for me, it just didn't update the groups in it. It never worked on editing it in, but for new posts, it just didn't change the members of the groups.

For instance, if Users A, B, and C were in a group when I installed this addon, let's say I removed C, and then added D. When I tagged the group, it would still alert A, B, and C, not D. That and a few other bugs seem to be present on XF 1.5

Last I checked, the group alerts worked for me, it just didn't update the groups in it. It never worked on editing it in, but for new posts, it just didn't change the members of the groups.

For instance, if Users A, B, and C were in a group when I installed this addon, let's say I removed C, and then added D. When I tagged the group, it would still alert A, B, and C, not D. That and a few other bugs seem to be present on XF 1.5
Sorry, can't comment on that. I do have multiple usergroups and I have added some since installing this addon, but I always put members in the Registered group, no matter whatever other additional groups I place them in, and the Registered tag is usually the only group tag I use, aside from very occasionally using a VIP tag - but I created that group before the addon.

Last edited:
I did that but it doesn't seem to work =(
Are you sure you're in the user group you set the permissions for? ;)

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you, it works fine for me. But as I and others have already mentioned, you have to input the the tag before creating the thread, it doesn't work if you do it as an edit.

Top Bottom