Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
If only some users are getting tagged by your group alerts, be sure to check the "Maximum mention alerts per message" permission in the users>user group permissions>[your group] menu. We had a similar issue of only some users being tagged by alerts, and increasing that fixed it for us. To be sure it's set up correctly, you can also use the "Analyse Permissions" functionality of XF.
I now tried setting it to "unlimited" for every group but some users are still not receiving alerts... :(

I installed this a couple months ago and it worked fine, but at some point it stopped working. I checked and all groups were still checked taggable, so today, I uninstalled it, redownloaded the add on, and reinstalled it all fresh.
I make sure all groups were checked tabbable and it started working fine. It's been a few hours since reinstalling it and it's back to not tagging groups. Like it looks like you tagged them in the posts, but it does not send out alerts. I have made sure people are able to get alerts through tags in their personal settings, that they are not watching the threads or forums, I'm not quoting them or using any other tag than their group tag. I'm not sure why it works one min just fine and then suddenly stops working. :(

Killing this addon on my end as well, it doesn't appear to be supported at all anymore.

I just discovered what I consider a major bug. When tagging a group, I noticed that some bounces came back that really didn't make sense...old user accounts that I specifically recall had previously been disabled by the automated bounce handler...well, at least one of them was for sure. So I checked and lo and behold, one was disabled (Email invalid (bounced)) and the other was still valid. So I manually changed the other to bounced then tagged those members and checked the sent email log on my server and whaddaya know...they got sent an email for the tag, both of them.

So I disabled Tag Me to rule out XF core and tagged them again...no email was sent.

So this addon somehow bypasses the validity check of the core XF email system, how it does that I do not know but bye bye. Switching to Xon's.

Reactions: Xon
Hi,

In the user's "Account > Contact Details" the option to receive 'notification of mention via email' is unchecked by default. Is it possible to have this checked for all users by default ?

Thanks

You can switch on email notifications for tagging by default for new registrations in ACP >Options > User Registration > Default Registration Values and ticking the option Receive email when name is mentioned

If you want to switch on email notifications for existing users, you'll have to run an SQL query in your database.

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;

Users can of course then choose to switch them off if they wish.

How can I tag???
I installed it but I didn't understand how can I use it.
I tried @registered members
But it not works.
Plz help me
Did you test it as a registered member? Are you in the registered group, or did you try it on an account that's a member of that group? Not sure what to tell you if you have, but that will be the first question anyone trying to help you would want to know the answer to, I imagine.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, you wouldn't see the alert even if you were a member of the registered group, if you're the one who created the alert, so the real question is: did you try it on another account that's a member of that group? Or ask members who are in the registered group for feedback to find out?

Last edited:
How can I tag???
I installed it but I didn't understand how can I use it.
I tried @registered members
But it not works.
Plz help me
You must configure the group for tagging (see below):

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 5.03.42 PM.webp

Then you need to turn on the permission "[Tag Me] Tag group" for group/user that should be allowed to do this.
Finally, if you tag yourself, you won't receive the notification so make sure you tag from another account.

In group tag, if you click the group name an overlay should pop up with list of users who should receive alerts. Have you verify the list to see whether all users are included? Also, receiver may not receive alerts if he/she turned it off, this may need to be checked too.

On my forums, users of the tagged user group don't receive alerts either. Looking through this thread, looks like this is a common problem among sites.

On my forums, users of the tagged user group don't receive alerts either. Looking through this thread, looks like this is a common problem among sites.
There is a race condition where if you modify more than one user group at a time stuff can get very out of sync.

@xfrocks

Does this work on the new Xenforo 2.0
And/Or is there planned support for this once the official support XF 2.0 comes?

If the author or anyone knows the answer that would be great!

Top Bottom