Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
I saw that... but WHY would you tag someone? Is this if you mention someone in your thread and they get notified?

Awesome... one strange oddity though... I tried to tag me "Chris Wright" and my user name doesn't pop up in the list....

It still works though if I just type it in.

It is strange though.... although this user originally titled "studentfilms.com" in my old forum before I switched to xenforo but that name doesn't show up either in the list when I start typing after the @ symbol.

http://www.studentfilms.com/threads/test.20390/#post-143048

Is there any way to change the format of the tag so that it includes the @ symbol?

E.g.; @xfrocks --> @xfrocks

I just think it looks much better with the @ in the same colour as the member link. (y)

Okay, I've found a "hard" way to get this effect - edit Engine.php - line 328 to change the inserted link:

PHP:
$replacement = "[URL='{$link}']{$entity['entity_text']}[/URL]";

changed to

$replacement = "[URL='{$link}']@{$entity['entity_text']}[/URL]";

Then turn OFF the @ in the add-on options and you get the desired effect.

Any chance you could make this into a option in the add-on settings please xfrocks?

[ ] Include the @ symbol in the member link

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'm hoping to use MarkItUp as the default editor on my site via cclaerhout's addon, but it seems the tag suggestion feature of Tag Me does not work with that editor. Is it possible to make these two addons work together?

I wasn't sure if I should be asking this here or in the MarkItUp Integrator thread so please let me know if I would be better asking cclaerhout about this.

Please contact Cédric (cclaerhout), I'm not familiar with that editor / add-on. Sorry. Should be simple to integrate with [bd] Tag Me though...

i recently upgraded to the latest version of this add-on, and the ability to tag usergroups seems gone?

I can still tag members, yet the groups aren't being tagged

Have you checked the permissions?

Is there any way to change the format of the tag so that it includes the @ symbol?

E.g.; @xfrocks --> @xfrocks

I just think it looks much better with the @ in the same colour as the member link. (y)

You just need to uncheck the option to remove the symbol.

I'm having the same issue.

Please check your permission + user group configuration?

Awesome... one strange oddity though... I tried to tag me "Chris Wright" and my user name doesn't pop up in the list....

It still works though if I just type it in.

It is strange though.... although this user originally titled "studentfilms.com" in my old forum before I switched to xenforo but that name doesn't show up either in the list when I start typing after the @ symbol.

http://www.studentfilms.com/threads/test.20390/#post-143048

If you type "@Chris" then your username may be suggested. The suggestion will stop if you have space. This behaviour can be changed in the option page.

The username "studentfilms.com" has a dot in it so basically it will not come up in suggestion unless you stop typing at "@studentfilms".

Okay, I've found a "hard" way to get this effect - edit Engine.php - line 328 to change the inserted link:

PHP:
$replacement = "[URL='{$link}']{$entity['entity_text']}[/URL]";

changed to

$replacement = "[URL='{$link}']@{$entity['entity_text']}[/URL]";

Then turn OFF the @ in the add-on options and you get the desired effect.

Any chance you could make this into a option in the add-on settings please xfrocks?

Cheers,

Err, disable the option remove symbol should do this?

Err, disable the option remove symbol should do this?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I wanted to change the formatting of the link so it included the @ symbol.

Your add-on currently links the username but not the @ symbol - so a link typically looks like this: @Clickfinity

I wanted to include the @ symbol in the link too so it looked like this instead: @Clickfinity

I had a look at where the link was created in your code and changed it so it adds the @ inside of the link. The links then looked like this: @@Clickfinity

So to get the formatting I needed I had to turn off the @ to make it look right; e.g. @Clickfinity

What I was hoping you could do is add this to the add-on and make it an optional setting?

I just find the links look better on my site when the @ is included. (y)

Cheers,

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I wanted to change the formatting of the link so it included the @ symbol.

Your add-on currently links the username but not the @ symbol - so a link typically looks like this: @Clickfinity

I wanted to include the @ symbol in the link too so it looked like this instead: @Clickfinity

I had a look at where the link was created in your code and changed it so it adds the @ inside of the link. The links then looked like this: @@Clickfinity

So to get the formatting I needed I had to turn off the @ to make it look right; e.g. @Clickfinity

What I was hoping you could do is add this to the add-on and make it an optional setting?

Cheers,
I agree with Shaun, an option to include the @ symbol in the link would be great.

Having said that, I thought that this is how Twitter does it. Looking again what it actually does is change the colour of the @ so that it is the same as the linked name but it doesn't actually make it part of the hyperlink. I'd settle for this option (which might be easier to implement?) if it's possible to add in.

Cheers,

Okie, understand now. Will see what I can do :D

Please contact Cédric (cclaerhout), I'm not familiar with that editor / add-on. Sorry. Should be simple to integrate with [bd] Tag Me though...

Have you checked the permissions?

You just need to uncheck the option to remove the symbol.

Please check your permission + user group configuration?

Thank you.

I'm assuming you changed this...since I never set up permissions previously.

Tagging no longer seems to work on profile posts, since the latest update.

To clarify, I posted this on someone's profile and it didn't work:
It wasn't aimed at you @jez101, rather the person who is still whining about the auto updates. Check the thread again, I edited my post to make it clearer.

However, if I post it as comment on a profile post, it does work.

Tagging no longer seems to work on profile posts, since the latest update.

To clarify, I posted this on someone's profile and it didn't work:

However, if I post it as comment on a profile post, it does work.
Just to add to this, I've done some testing and it works in most circumstances but not all:

• Posting on your own profile, tagging works :)
  • Posting on someone else's profile, tagging does not work :(
  • Commenting on your own profile, tagging works :)
  • Commenting on someone else's profile, tagging works :)

Hopefully this will help to narrow down what the issue is.

Hmm, so it sometime doesn't work for profile posts? Can you guys confirm? With any reproducible steps?

Top Bottom