Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
When I attempt to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2, I get this error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at nymphro.com Port 80

-----

I updated several other plugins today, before and after attempting to update this one, and installed two new ones, all without issue.
Not sure why it's doing that. It's when I click on the addon, select the xml file, hit update, I get this error.

When I attempt to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2, I get this error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at nymphro.com Port 80

-----

I updated several other plugins today, before and after attempting to update this one, and installed two new ones, all without issue.
Not sure why it's doing that. It's when I click on the addon, select the xml file, hit update, I get this error.

Please look for Apache/PHP error log file and get the error message.

It was being caused by MOD_SECURITY:
"SecRule MULTIPART_UNMATCHED_BOUNDARY"

Changed the rule to log (not deny), plugin updated successfully. :)

Hey

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there a way to add email notification to the alert system? As standard, it seems to only alert inside the site...

Cheers. Great add on!

Serious compatibility with other add-ons bug!
To fix bug:
find in file \upload\library\bdTagMe\XenForo\BbCode\Formatter\Base.php
PHP:
    public function preLoadTemplates(XenForo_View $view) {
        $view->preLoadTemplate('bdtagme_tag');
    }
and replace with
PHP:
    public function preLoadTemplates(XenForo_View $view) {
        parent::preLoadTemplates($view);
        $view->preLoadTemplate('bdtagme_tag');
    }

need a better way to upgrade. as is, it appears that I have to completely re-download the file, unzip it just so i can get to the xml file....
when I click on "upgrade" it would be nice if I can just put in the url, then it extracts the xml for import, but it does not work that way.....
or if i do download the file "click on upgrade" then it should extract what it needs from there, but instead it says: error,
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.

Unzip, upload the files, import the .xml.

http://xenforo.com/help/add-ons/

it appears that I have to completely re-download the file, unzip it just so i can get to the xml file....
You have to re-download the file as the files are changed.

You need to unzip it so you can FTP the individual files to the server.

I really can't see the issue - this is exactly the same as how the core software is upgraded.

Its not an issue, just more steps...
when I install any addon, for the most part, i do not need to download,
i just insert the install url, and it installs from there, and i realize there are
new files, so why not be able to re-insert the url again so the addon can be updated from there?
(without the actual need of downloading, unzipping, etc...)

You have to re-download the file as the files are changed.

You need to unzip it so you can FTP the individual files to the server.

I really can't see the issue - this is exactly the same as how the core software is upgraded.

Its not an issue, just more steps...
when I install any addon, for the most part, i do not need to download,
i just insert the install url, and it installs from there, and i realize there are
new files, so why not be able to re-insert the url again so the addon can be updated from there?
(without the actual need of downloading, unzipping, etc...)
Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

Just about every addon has files that need to be downloaded, unzipped, and then uploaded to your server. They are typically in a folder called "upload". If you don't, you risk your addons not working. What is this URL you keep referring to?

Dwight-Schrute-False.jpg

Just about every addon has files that need to be downloaded, unzipped, and then uploaded to your server. They are typically in a folder called "upload". If you don't, you risk your addons not working. What is this URL you keep referring to?

I am using the addon: Install & upgrade: So when I go to install addon, I just insert the url of the addon,
then click install, then it installs the addon from there, so far I have had no issues with it....
I have not tried yet for upgrades, maybe the process works the exact same way...
grab the addon url, insert, then let it re-install the addon from there....

Top Bottom