Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Tagging no longer seems to work on profile posts, since the latest update.

To clarify, I posted this on someone's profile and it didn't work:

However, if I post it as comment on a profile post, it does work.

Just to add to this, I've done some testing and it works in most circumstances but not all:

• Posting on your own profile, tagging works :)
  • Posting on someone else's profile, tagging does not work :(
  • Commenting on your own profile, tagging works :)
  • Commenting on someone else's profile, tagging works :)

Hopefully this will help to narrow down what the issue is.

Fixed :D

Hey still haven't heard anything about the issue i had with tagging groups and another member quotes the post with the tag in it aka @members and it retags everyone all over again.

Implemented check to hide email checkbox when the feature is disabled
The admin disable the email feature, the checkbox no longer appears in Contacts Details (in previous version, it still showed up).

Added option to turn email on for new registrations
In "User Registration" option page, there is one field called "Default Registration Values", you can set a few options on/off for new users. This update added the email option so you can control how it works for new registrations.

Just installed the 1.7.2 update. Working fine.

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to xfrocks for all the hard work.

Is there a PayPal donate link anywhere? I believe in displaying my appreciation in the form of Drinking Vouchers.

-- hugh

I know it is not your product, but can you adjust your Tags so they register in TapATalk?
The tags do show in Tapatalk.

If you mean receive notifications via Tapatalk, they only work with newer versions of Tapatalk that support push notifications. Also that's up to Tapatalk to provide that support...

The tags do show in Tapatalk.

If you mean receive notifications via Tapatalk, they only work with newer versions of Tapatalk that support push notifications. Also that's up to Tapatalk to provide that support...

Not the BYO app :(

Curiously, I can't seem to make this addon work. I've updated the permissions for all usergroups to ALLOW, yet everytime I try to tag someone and post it, it says i don't have permissions to do so.

edit: nvm, found it :)

Hello :
When tagging a user in Profile i get this display :
@[4841:member] Test

Any way to fix that ?

Hello :
When tagging a user in Profile i get this display :
@[4841:member] Test

Any way to fix that ?
Are you getting that in the profile itself or displaying in a Status Update block? I'm not getting it in a profile but in the Recent Status Updates block in XenPorta I'm getting exactly the same as you.

Been hearing a lot about this add-on and many people praising it so I'll be giving this an install tomorrow. Knowing it's made by xfrocks it's bound to be a good solid add-on.

Just one question which I'm sure has been asked (sorry if it's been repeated).

Let say I use a tag @member in an area they have not got access/permission for would they still be alerted?

Been hearing a lot about this add-on and many people praising it so I'll be giving this an install tomorrow. Knowing it's made by xfrocks it's bound to be a good solid add-on.

Just one question which I'm sure has been asked (sorry if it's been repeated).

Let say I use a tag @member in an area they have not got access/permission for would they still be alerted?
I've just tested this and it appears that the user will see a new alert bubble showing on their Alerts tab but when they click to see what the alert it, it says there are no new alerts. Looking on the alerts page no alert for the tagging is registered.

I am not sure if anyone has ever reported this, but here is what happens.
  • You setup user limit of 10 per post. User submits post with 10 tags, edit post and add another 10 and so on to eternity.
  • Once user post 50(or whatever more than limit) tags, another user can copy them and paste it to new post and submits successfully.

Reactions: rdn
I am not sure if anyone has ever reported this, but here is what happens.
  • You setup user limit of 10 per post. User submits post with 10 tags, edit post and add another 10 and so on to eternity.
  • Once user post 50(or whatever more than limit) tags, another user can copy them and paste it to new post and submits successfully.

This by design.

The first behaviour is acceptable because the system check for tags everytime when the post is saved. This is useful when you posted but forgot to tag someone and edit it to add the tag. There are ways to prevent people from abuse it by edit and tag multiple time but I personally don't think that's needed. Editing a post takes a lot of time.

The second one is nothing to worry about. They can copy/paste the content and post it but the actual alerts will not be sent out.

This by design.

The first behaviour is acceptable because the system check for tags everytime when the post is saved. This is useful when you posted but forgot to tag someone and edit it to add the tag. There are ways to prevent people from abuse it by edit and tag multiple time but I personally don't think that's needed. Editing a post takes a lot of time.

The second one is nothing to worry about. They can copy/paste the content and post it but the actual alerts will not be sent out.
but doesn't it supposed to check tag limit condition even for editing ?

I think it sends alerts to all. I can double check this for you.

but doesn't it supposed to check tag limit condition even for editing ?

I think it sends alerts to all. I can double check this for you.

When the tag is tranformed to [USER], the addon will ignore it. Anyway, have you tried the copy/paste routine?

After bdtag 1.7.2 update, I've still the issue that no tagging members suggestions will work when i write for example "@kar". i have newest responsive design addon 1.1.2 and xenforo 1.1.3.

When i tag our admin group "@Administrator", then its linked to /members/administrator.0/. "@Moderator" is linked to /members/moderator.0/.

When I click on the links, my browser opens a xenforo error page under page "members" with text: "This was posted by a guest who does not have a profile to view."

It should better show all members of tagged group in a overlay, like it does at a post with more than 4 likes, if you know what i mean. i can post a screenshot if needed to understand how it should work.
also when i test it with tag different group like "supermoderator", it will attach URL to word supermoderator, but still wrong URL /members/supermoderator.0/ with text when i click on it: "This was posted by a guest who does not have a profile to view."

Last edited:
After bdtag 1.7.2 update, I've still the issue that no tagging members suggestions will work when i write for example "@kar". i have newest responsive design addon 1.1.2 and xenforo 1.1.3.

also when i test it with tag different group like "supermoderator", it will attach URL to word supermoderator, but still wrong URL with text when i click on it: "This was posted by a guest who does not have a profile to view."
You run into conflict with BbCode Manager. Go to AdminCP for this addon and use other tag than USER.

About the suggestion problem, send me your site address via conversation then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just installed and am excited to have this as a feature on my forum, just wanted to say thanks and that it installed without issue! :)

Top Bottom