Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
I have all the permissions set, with each group allowing to be tagged and I still can't get it to work.

What will happen to previous @tags while [bd] Tag Me was used before xF 1.2 was released?

If one uninstalls [bd] Tag Me then and starts using the core feature...

Will the previous ones look bad or stop working, the tags created earlier?

It won't have any effect as existing post content won't be affected.

Previous tagged member user names will continue to be displayed as they are now.

I actually think user group tagging will be available in time for 1.2.
Do you know something I don't? ;)

What will happen to previous @tags while [bd] Tag Me was used before xF 1.2 was released?

If one uninstalls [bd] Tag Me then and starts using the core feature...

Will the previous ones look bad or stop working, the tags created earlier?
That's a good question. I think the system will detect @<stuff> and use its own tagging.

I'm also curious to know whether we'll have to uninstall the TagMe addon before enabling the core one?

It won't have any effect as existing post content won't be affected.

Previous tagged member user names will continue to be displayed as they are now.
Can you confirm this is the case for those who have used a custom BBCode for this? For example, I'm using the alternative [USER] tags as suggested in this add-on.

Also can you confirm that email alerts when tagged will also be available? Many of my users find this a useful feature to grab someone's attention, especially someone who hasn't visited the site for a little while.

Edit a post with a tagged user.
What does the plain text output look like?
It's just the user name wrapped in URL tags.

Also can you confirm that email alerts when tagged will also be available?
No, that won't be an option.

Edit a post with a tagged user.
What does the plain text output look like?
It's just the user name wrapped in URL tags.

No, that won't be an option.

Not if you're using the custom BBCode option implemented in this add-on.

Plain text output looks like this:

[USER=2]Martok[/USER]

Presumably this means that users of Tag Me have either got a lot of editing to do or they are going to have to continue using the add-on?

Disappointing that email alerts won't be an option. :(

Not if you're using the custom BBCode option implemented in this add-on.

Plain text output looks like this:

[USER=2]Martok[/USER]

Presumably this means that users of Tag Me have either got a lot of editing to do or they are going to have to continue using the add-on?

Disappointing that email alerts won't be an option. :(

Presumably you can simply create your own custom BBcode wrapper once you uninstall the add-on?

I'll continue using TagMe until Xenforo gets all the features this addon has. The email function has been very useful in bringing users back to the community. I request xfrocks to continue developing this.

Well, a lot of members on our site tag others via profile posts. The core feature in XF 1.2 doesn't yet have it. I haven't used usergroup tagging, but I'm sure those using it find it very useful.

I actually think user group tagging will be available in time for 1.2. This addon will be put into freeze mode now. We will see how things unfold in the near future. Can't wait for 1.2, agrrrrr!
xfrocks, it's looking like a bunch of us would very much like you to continue developing this add-on as 1.2. has missing features confirmed here of:

• tagging in profile post and profile post comments
  • email notifications for tagging
  • tagging for groups and permissions for who can use this
  • a choice of use of URL BBCode or using a custom BBCode
Please keep up the good work on your great add-on. (y)

xfrocks, it's looking like a bunch of us would very much like you to continue developing this add-on as 1.2. has missing features confirmed here of:

• tagging in profile post and profile post comments
  • email notifications for tagging
  • tagging for groups and permissions for who can use this
  • a choice of use of URL BBCode or using a custom BBCode
Please keep up the good work on your great add-on. (y)
As I said, this add-on is here to stay. It is put in freeze mode (read: no new feature) but I will keep it updated with bug fix and 1.1.5 compatibility. When 1.2 is released, we will see how things go.

Scuse me getting to basics but I like to understand precisely:
(I did read the Overview)

Using this addon means if you write @username
- it shows as a link (to Membercard)
- it triggers an alert
- it triggers a notification
- permitted users can do this in posts, or profiles, or conversations? RM content?

Custom with the [USER] tag
Do you have custom bb code manager installed?

Scuse me getting to basics but I like to understand precisely:
(I did read the Overview)

Using this addon means if you write @username
- it shows as a link (to Membercard)
- it triggers an alert
- it triggers a notification
- permitted users can do this in posts, or profiles, or conversations? RM content?
Basically yes. No RM content though.

Top Bottom