[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
Scuse me getting to basics but I like to understand precisely:
(I did read the Overview)

Using this addon means if you write @username
- it shows as a link (to Membercard)
- it triggers an alert
- it triggers a notification
- permitted users can do this in posts, or profiles, or conversations? RM content?
As xfrocks says, it does all of this except RM. It's a fantastic add-on and I'd recommend you try it. My users love it and I'll be using it when 1.2 is released due to the extra functionality it offers.

Do you have custom bb code manager installed?
I'm using this and have no problems with the [USER] tag and @ shows in tagged names.

I'm using this and have no problems with the [USER] tag and @ shows in tagged names.
It may work for you if the execution order of this add-on is after the other add-on's. Because the two add-on both uses the same bb code tag (USER), sometimes one of the two won't work.

It may work for you if the execution order of this add-on is after the other add-on's. Because the two add-on both uses the same bb code tag (USER), sometimes one of the two won't work.
Just checked and I've not got the [USER] tag installed from Custom BB Code Manager which will explain why it's fine for me. Good point that it could conflict for someone with it installed though.

Have some folks reporting a weird bug when tagging. If you type a word that starts with 't' after the @username, the t becomes tagged as part of the @username, breaking the username tagging.

Have some folks reporting a weird bug when tagging. If you type a word that starts with 't' after the @username, the t becomes tagged as part of the @username, breaking the username tagging.

Can you send me a link to the post where that happened? Via conversation if you want.

Hello, addon obsolet for xenforo 1.2.x ?
Look: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519

2XoOS.png

User group taging is very very important for my community ! :)

2Xp6n.jpg

Yeah, I am having this issue, even after installing 1.7.3. For me, when I type a user name, like @username, scroll down then hit enter on the name I want, a space is not automatically input after the name, so if users start typing without manually putting in a space, they lose the tagging.

Any way to fix this, or put an option in to add a space after tagged usernames?

Yeah, I am having this issue, even after installing 1.7.3. For me, when I type a user name, like @username, scroll down then hit enter on the name I want, a space is not automatically input after the name, so if users start typing without manually putting in a space, they lose the tagging.

Any way to fix this, or put an option in to add a space after tagged usernames?

Well, that is by design since the very first version. I will see if adding a space character is possible.

Like @My Name
It didn't work.
I've just tested this for a user that has a space in their name (two 2 be exact!). I found that tagging does work, but not in some circumstances:

• When I wrote a sentence and tagged the user within it, the tagging worked
  • When I wrote just the user's name on its own in a post, the tagging didn't work
  • When I wrote the user's name on its own followed by a space in a post, the tagging didn't work
  • When I wrote the user's name on its own followed by a space and then a single character, the tagging worked
So it seems to be a problem if the tagged username is not followed by a space and then some characters.

BTW I'm using the [USER] custom BBCode for my tagging.

Top Bottom