Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
I did search through the thread but I couldn't find anything relating to using ' (apostrophe) after tagging a member, which stops the tagging from working; for example doing this doesn't work - @Brogan's

Has that been reported and if so, is there anything that can be done about it?

I did search through the thread but I couldn't find anything relating to using ' (apostrophe) after tagging a member, which stops the tagging from working; for example doing this doesn't work - @Brogan's

Has that been reported and if so, is there anything that can be done about it?
You are right, apostrophe and quote are not supported. They have been added, new version will be released soon.

Great work :)

How does the quote support work exactly?
Does it automatically tag someone you quote, or?

Error on upgrade

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'DATABASENAME.xf_resource' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in Tinhte/XenTag/Installer.php at line 91
    Tinhte_XenTag_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
Looks like dependent on resource manager?

Error on upgrade

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'DATABASENAME.xf_resource' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in Tinhte/XenTag/Installer.php at line 91
    Tinhte_XenTag_Installer::install() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
Are you upgrading this add-on ([bd] Tag Me) or the tagging add-on ([Tinhte] XenTag)?

Could someone please explain the maximum length option when it comes to user names? Lets say I have a user Mean Joe Green. If they tag @Mean, and the max length is set to 0, it won't pick him up, right? Because that will only tag user 'Mean'. So how could I get him to be tagged?

Could someone please explain the maximum length option when it comes to user names? Lets say I have a user Mean Joe Green. If they tag @Mean, and the max length is set to 0, it won't pick him up, right? Because that will only tag user 'Mean'. So how could I get him to be tagged?
@Mean will not be recognized, regardless of that option. The username must be typed in full in the message to be picked up (that's why username suggestion is important).

The max length option is use to assist username suggestion. Normally, it will look for one word right after the symbol @. For example, if your username is "John Rambro" and somebody is typing "@John Ra", the suggestion engine will take the first word ("John") and start searching the database for all user whose name starts with "John". However, you can set the max length option to 10 to go beyond the first word limit, now the suggestion engine will take as many as 10 character after the symbol @ to search for.

I hope that's clear enough.

Yeah, that's a help. Not sure what you meant by "that's why username suggestion is important" though.

Is there any detriment to setting it too high? Also, what if, as in the above example, there were a user Mean and a user Mean Joe Green. Or a user John and a user John Rambro. How would that work out? If I set don't set it to 10 and the user tags @John Rambro, it'll only pickup John. But if I do set it to 10, will it flag them both?

Yeah, that's a help. Not sure what you meant by "that's why username suggestion is important" though.

Is there any detriment to setting it too high? Also, what if, as in the above example, there were a user Mean and a user Mean Joe Green. Or a user John and a user John Rambro. How would that work out? If I set don't set it to 10 and the user tags @John Rambro, it'll only pickup John. But if I do set it to 10, will it flag them both?
Suggestion is important because most of the time you don't remember the username correctly.

Setting it too high will increase the workload for the server. No other side effect.

The add-on will choose the longest name that match the text.

Top Bottom