Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
I'm having the same issues as Rob. For a while my guys were only getting some of their tags, now they aren't getting ANY alerts. I have triple checked the permissions and limits, even changed them and changed them back. Nothing seems to be working and I'm pulling my hair out. I just updated to the latest version last night and I'm still having issues. As of last night I'm on XF 1.3 and nothing has changed. What else can I look for?

I'm having the same issues as Rob. For a while my guys were only getting some of their tags, now they aren't getting ANY alerts. I have triple checked the permissions and limits, even changed them and changed them back. Nothing seems to be working and I'm pulling my hair out. I just updated to the latest version last night and I'm still having issues. As of last night I'm on XF 1.3 and nothing has changed. What else can I look for?
You were talking about user tag or user group tag?

Sorry, the user tag. I have never even attempted usergroup tagging. I have also uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled it with no luck. Nothing seems to work. I use this in conjunction with LIVE UPDATES, so I don't know if this will have any affect on the user tagging alerts, but I've also upgraded/uninstalled/reinstalled/ that addon as well with no change after any of the steps.

Sorry, the user tag. I have never even attempted usergroup tagging. I have also uninstalled the add-on and reinstalled it with no luck. Nothing seems to work. I use this in conjunction with LIVE UPDATES, so I don't know if this will have any affect on the user tagging alerts, but I've also upgraded/uninstalled/reinstalled/ that addon as well with no change after any of the steps.
Try disable this add-on and do user tag and check if the alert is sent.

Nope... still no user group tagging. People just dont get the alerts. :(

Edit: People are not getting user tag alerts either. @xfrocks

Last edited:
Ok, I disabled the addon and tried another tag, no alert.. I hope that tells you something!!

edit: scratch that, it did work. They seem to work with the addon turned off..?

Last edited:
Nope... still no user group tagging. People just dont get the alerts. :(

Edit: People are not getting user tag alerts either. @xfrocks
Ok, I disabled the addon and tried another tag, no alert.. I hope that tells you something!!

edit: scratch that, it did work. They seem to work with the addon turned off..?

Please start a conversation with me with your site info. I'll come by and check.

Just found and installed this add-on. How can I tag multiple users? You mean by @user_group = @user_moderators, @user_registered?

Thanks!

Just found and installed this add-on. How can I tag multiple users? You mean by @user_group = @user_moderators, @user_registered?

Thanks!
Edit the user group (e.g. Registered), check the box "Is taggable". Doing this make it possible to do @Registered to tag the user group.
Edit user group permission (e.g. Administrative), check the box "[Tag Me] Tag group". Doing this make it possible for users in Administrative group to tag other user groups.

I am using 1.3.0 Release Candidate 1
Interesting. You are the third person reported issue with alerts. Please check permission"Maximum tag alerts per message" and make sure it has a high enough value to send alerts to all members of the group. Also, it's obvious that the add-on won't send alert to yourself FYI.

I have each usergroup max tag alerts set to 5000 which should be easily ok :D
People get alerts for watched forums and replies but nothing happening for username or usergroup tagging.
What info do you need xfrocks?

I have each usergroup max tag alerts set to 5000 which should be easily ok :D
People get alerts for watched forums and replies but nothing happening for username or usergroup tagging.
What info do you need xfrocks?
At first, admin access should be enough ;)

@xfrocks : We use group tag for an internal group of 6 members. One of the members has said that he is not receiving alerts. I checked and everything looks perfect (group tag shows 6 people, and the user has opted to receive alerts in account settings).

What could be wrong? How do I troubleshoot?

Top Bottom