[bd] Medal

[bd] Medal 1.5.5b

No permission to download
Hey guys- can someone give me an idea for how to use this? Not sure exactly what I would use this for, even though it seems pretty cool.

Hey guys- can someone give me an idea for how to use this? Not sure exactly what I would use this for, even though it seems pretty cool.
[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to your XenForo root
2. Import the xml file via AdminCP
3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Applications > Medal System
4. Configure position to show medals (post) in AdminCP > Home > Options > Messages

Would you consider expanding and using the user criteria system to award medals? I'd really like to use this if it was possible to also automatically award trophies too (for example, a long service medal for members registered for over 5 years). It's kind of possible to do at the moment by using a few different addons (including your trophy expansion), but that's quite a complex way to do it and not easily future proof.

I guess there would be quite a few others like me who'd pay for an addon that did that :).

When I set the [bd] Medal - Maximum in Style Properties e.g. to 4 only 3 medals will be displayed in messages. When I set it to 3 only 2 medals will be displayed and so on...
This has been fixed in latest version v1.4.3b, sorry for your problem. Please download the new version and try again.

@xfrocks I double and tripled checked that all files were uploaded nice and clean.

When I attempt to import the updated xml for the upgrade (on two different websites) I get this error:

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

@xfrocks I double and tripled checked that all files were uploaded nice and clean.

When I attempt to import the updated xml for the upgrade (on two different websites) I get this error:

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.
Working fine for me.

I was wondering about that group of people trying to support the update for let the users chose what medals to display. :cautious:

you're right. It works on default style, not on casual. but I haven't edited member_view. I have no idea how to fix this then...
Please start a conversation with me with your site detail, I think a simple CSS fix will work for you.

Just a quick follow-up, the issue was my fault. The reason it couldn't find the files, is because I updated my ftp server version and had a wrong setting for my default umask.

All working now...

Bug Report #1

Maximum Awarded Users
If this option is set (larger than 0), the list of awarded users in the Help page will be limit to a maximum of this value.

Setting this to a numerical value such as 3 or 5 (when there is clearly more than that) results in an incorrect display. It never removes "3 others". This has been occurring in the last 2 versions at least, I just forgot to report it back when I first encountered it.

medals_bug_report.webp

Bug Report #2

Maximum Awarded Users
If this option is set (larger than 0), the list of awarded users in the Help page will be limit to a maximum of this value.

Setting this to a numerical value of 5, when there are 6 total, results in showing all of them when I asked it to only display 5. It's not obeying my setting. OBEY! OBEY!

medals_bug_report_2.webp

When I click on a profile and click on the awarded tabs profile its always blank even if I assigned a user that medal, any info on this?

Back
Top Bottom